Thread: Getting ready for canning season

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,186 Times in 4,307 Posts

Getting ready for canning season

I know it is a bit early, . . . but it was too cold for anything outside (never got above 0 at my place), . . . so we put in a whole bunch of new shelving, . . . re-arranged some of the old, . . . counting down the days till we are back in the canning business.

The "L" shaped group were done a couple years back, . . . the flat group with the mirror in the middle were all done today.

Not a professional job by any means, . . . but if it'll hold the jars and cans, . . . I'm not complaining.

The mirror pulls back and there is a cabinet behind it, . . . it's full of spices and the like. The mirror came from my uncle's dairy farm from decades ago.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new pantry 1.jpg   new pantry 2.jpg  
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (01-30-2019),Gambit (01-30-2019),hawgrider (01-30-2019),Innkeeper (01-30-2019),Inor (01-30-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts
    Its never too early to start planning ahead for the new season. I have already be looking over seed catalogs since before Christmas. Already planning to put in several raised beds this year. Hoping it helps my tomatoes and peppers since I can improve the soil quality easier and the soil drainage. This year I also plan to add marigolds and other flowers to help with pest control and to help draw more bees for pollination.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (01-30-2019),Innkeeper (01-30-2019)

Nice set up Dwight.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (01-30-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Its never too early to start planning ahead for the new season. I have already be looking over seed catalogs since before Christmas. Already planning to put in several raised beds this year. Hoping it helps my tomatoes and peppers since I can improve the soil quality easier and the soil drainage. This year I also plan to add marigolds and other flowers to help with pest control and to help draw more bees for pollination.
    I might have to try that trick my tomatoes did ok but my beans died just after they started to show I got all of 2 beans off 8 plants they just shriveled and died not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    I ditto Hawg's comment. Very nice looking setup Dwight!

It's never too early to start planning.

I do not even have the walls raised on Mrs Inor's shack and I am already planning out the framing for a greenhouse (the next big project).

Note: I have some guys coming over tomorrow to help me raise the walls on Mrs Inor's Art Shack. Then we'll be rockin' heavy on that project!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (01-31-2019),Dwight55 (01-30-2019),hawgrider (01-31-2019)