Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how to bring more traffic here

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,100 Times in 14,729 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I told Hawg about the site
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I'm here because the Hawg took the time and trouble to invite me... and I am grateful: best spot on the net by MILES. Invite all of your like minded friends! Reach out. This place will be flooded with new ideas, new arguments, and new friends.
    Damn glad I did too. You sir are a valued member here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    I told Hawg about the site
    Yes you did....

I remember it well as we got banned from PF back in the day I asked you where do we go now?
    and you said go to where the banned people go LOL and then you flipped me the link and the rest is history!

Bucket and I go back prolly well over 10 maybe 15 years. Met him at MGO and the now defunct MGF forums his handle back then was 5 is enough and TomE We had a mutual dislike for some ole bag named granny and her butt licking friend TKO aka Toledo kid.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (02-04-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,034 Times in 7,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I'm here because the Hawg took the time and trouble to invite me... and I am grateful: best spot on the net by MILES. Invite all of your like minded friends! Reach out. This place will be flooded with new ideas, new arguments, and new friends.
    I'm on the OTP because I actually like all you knuckleheads!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-04-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),juskom95 (02-04-2021),shootbrownelk (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm on the OTP because I actually like all you knuckleheads!!
    Slippy gate is what brought the bulk of the originals here. That and when the Inors got the perma banned PF yeah good times!

So I used to solicit folks at other sites by watching their posts and then If I thought they were a good fit for OTP Id PM them with an invite. Sometimes they wouldn't even tell me to take a hike. More of them more than not would come check it out.

Word of mouth does work I've probably brought 30 /40 or more folks here lost track really. Not all have stayed but many have. These days I put OTPs link in my sig line on all forums that allow it and if folks like my crazy posts they follow me here. Both methods work.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (02-04-2021),Slippy (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,205 Times in 1,558 Posts
    I here becasue of Hawgrider!!! The invite came just in time just as I was giving up of PF. I go back to PF once in a while but OTP is more like HOME!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (02-04-2021),hawgrider (02-04-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),shootbrownelk (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    I here becasue of Hawgrider!!! The invite came just in time just as I was giving up of PF. I go back to PF once in a while but OTP is more like HOME!
    Glad you stuck around! We sure have been through some similar stuff over the couple years. Be glad to see you fire up your garden again when you wrap up the crap going on lately.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (02-04-2021),shootbrownelk (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,100 Times in 14,729 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PF no likey political posts
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    PF no likey political posts
    Yeah Im a little leery of the Denton bail over there. Most of the new mods they replaced Denton with are friends that frequent here as well. But there is at least 1 new mod there Im not so sure I trust.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (02-06-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),shootbrownelk (02-04-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,205 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Glad you stuck around! We sure have been through some similar stuff over the couple years. Be glad to see you fire up your garden again when you wrap up the crap going on lately.
    Yes its still going to be an interesting year. Wife talked about a smaller garden. I think we need to continue what were doing but this year I just have to get my a** out here and get er done! Not going to be easy it to get everything I want done this year.. Large projects include a new garage, a pond and one very long 8' privacy fence. I will hire it all done except maybe the fence but that is questionable becasue it needs in just as soon as we can. Plus my youngest is graduating this year so we have our hands full so to speak. Really want to get back to some serious smoking too.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-04-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Yes its still going to be an interesting year. Wife talked about a smaller garden. I think we need to continue what were doing but this year I just have to get my a** out here and get er done! Not going to be easy it to get everything I want done this year.. Large projects include a new garage, a pond and one very long 8' privacy fence. I will hire it all done except maybe the fence but that is questionable becasue it needs in just as soon as we can. Plus my youngest is graduating this year so we have our hands full so to speak. Really want to get back to some serious smoking too.
    Sounds like a real busy year for y'all!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (02-04-2021),Innkeeper (02-04-2021),shootbrownelk (02-04-2021),StratBastard (02-04-2021)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast