Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uses For Salt That You May Not Have Known About

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Yeah, I like that one myself, and I need to try it. Every once in a while, I get stupid and buy cheap coffee, instead of Folgers.
    OMG! It is all I can do, to choke that Save A Lot coffee down sometimes! And I have made that purchasing mistake more than once.
    Now THAT is what's called honesty! He could just as easily, blamed it on the wife, and none of us would have known the difference. But he owned up to his own lack of coffee purchasing skills. What a guy!
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

Inor (03-05-2019),Mister Mills (03-05-2019)

Tried the pinch of salt in the ground work coffee and it did take the first layer of nasty out of it.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (03-07-2019),MountainGirl (03-04-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,100 Times in 14,729 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I kinda like the perk up some regular coffee suggestion I gotta try that. We have a batch of crappy coffee that may be a candidate.
    I put a couple shakes of cinnamon in my coffee grounds before brewing
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-05-2019),Mister Mills (03-07-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,034 Times in 7,028 Posts
    Back in my beer drinking days before all of these new-fangled craft beers, I'd add a pinch of salt to a tall frosty glass of draft Budweiser as well as a pinch of salt onto the napkin that the beer was placed upon.

The napkin didn't stick to the bottom of the frosty glass and the Bud tasted better..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-05-2019),Mister Mills (03-05-2019),StratBastard (03-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Back in my beer drinking days before all of these new-fangled craft beers, I'd add a pinch of salt to a tall frosty glass of draft Budweiser as well as a pinch of salt onto the napkin that the beer was placed upon.

The napkin didn't stick to the bottom of the frosty glass and the Bud tasted better..
    Yup old skool bar tricks right there.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (03-07-2019),Slippy (03-05-2019),StratBastard (03-05-2019)

Back when I imbibed beer, that was the only way that I would drink it, by using salt. It was too bitter for me without some salt in it.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-05-2019),StratBastard (03-05-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,034 Times in 7,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Yup old skool bar tricks right there.
    Yes Sir!

I also won a few bucks challenging people at the bar that I could balance a salt shaker at an angle using only the this... (show the Salt Shaker to the person you are challenging)

Let them try it first and of course they cannot. When they give up, take the salt shaker, pour out some salt on the bar then imbed the salt shaker into the salt at an angle.

Blow away the salt that is around the shaker and it remains balanced. (Being a bartender was one of the best jobs I ever had!)....

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...a-salt-shaker/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (03-06-2019),hawgrider (03-06-2019),Inor (03-05-2019),Mister Mills (03-07-2019),StratBastard (03-05-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 47,206 Times in 13,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Back when I imbibed beer, that was the only way that I would drink it, by using salt. It was too bitter for me without some salt in it.
    That brings back memories! My Mom (God rest her beautiful soul) would have a beer like maybe once a year, and then make a big production out of it. Salt shaker of course, she salted the hell out of it also. She would drink half of it, turn red, and then have to go to bed.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-06-2019),Mister Mills (03-07-2019),Slippy (03-05-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 47,206 Times in 13,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Now THAT is what's called honesty! He could just as easily, blamed it on the wife, and none of us would have known the difference. But he owned up to his own lack of coffee purchasing skills. What a guy!
    I'm a coffee slut. I'll drink any brand, sitting in the coffee maker 3 days, I don't care. Just don't make me go without... none of you wanna see THAT.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-05-2019),Inor (03-05-2019),Mister Mills (03-07-2019),Slippy (03-05-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,104 Times in 10,465 Posts
    Yes Sir!

I also won a few bucks challenging people at the bar that I could balance a salt shaker at an angle using only the this... (show the Salt Shaker to the person you are challenging)

Let them try it first and of course they cannot. When they give up, take the salt shaker, pour out some salt on the bar then imbed the salt shaker into the salt at an angle.

Blow away the salt that is around the shaker and it remains balanced. (Being a bartender was one of the best jobs I ever had!)....

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...a-salt-shaker/
    I made a LOT of money from that trick in my teens and early 20's. Another fun one was to take the laminated drink card from the bar and put it on top of a glass of water. Turn the water glass upside down using the drink card to keep the water in the glass. Set it on the bar upside down and slide the card out.

Great times!

Today I got another similar idea that I am going to try when I get home... I am going to buy about 40 packages of Pop Rocks candies and pour them all in the litterbox for Mrs Inor's cat. Then sit back and wait for the fun to begin!!!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (03-06-2019),hawgrider (03-06-2019),Slippy (03-05-2019),TJC44 (03-07-2019)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast