Thread: Winchester Issue Warning and Recall Notice on 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket .38 Special

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,618 Times in 15,923 Posts

Winchester Issue Warning and Recall Notice on 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket .38 Special

Winchester have issued a recall notice on several lots of their 130 grain Full Metal Jacket .38 Special white box ammunition. This is due to the possibility that they have incorrect powder loadings.

Here’s Winchester’s product recall notice in full:

Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”) is recalling three (3) lots of 38 Special 130 Grain Full Metal Jacket centerfire ammunition.
    Symbol: USA38SPVP

Lot Numbers: KF21, KL30 and KM52

Winchester has determined the above lots of 38 Special ammunition may contain incorrect powder charges. Ammunition with excessive powder charges may cause firearm damage, rendering it inoperable, and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury or death.

DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® 38 SPECIAL 130 GRAIN SYMBOL USA38SPVP WITH LOT NUMBERS KF21, KL30 or KM52. The ammunition Lot Number is ink stamped inside the right tuck flap of the 100-round carton as indicated here. The symbol is printed above the UPC bar code.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...et-38-special/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (02-28-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 5,231 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I bought a case of 12 gauge AA's. Out of 3 boxes we had 3 wads that suck in the hull, the shot rolled down the barrel
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-28-2019),shootbrownelk (02-28-2019)

Super Moderator rice paddy daddy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Thanks Hawg.
    I have several boxes of that out in the barn. I’ll have to check lot numbers when I get home.
    Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, American Legion, AMVETS, Sons of the American Revolution

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-28-2019)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,618 Times in 15,923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Thanks Hawg.
    I have several boxes of that out in the barn. I’ll have to check lot numbers when I get home.
    I have several boxes too Ive got to go through. Hell Ive shot several of the WWB through my blackhawk already.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (02-28-2019)

Super Moderator rice paddy daddy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I don’t think they could cram enough powder in a 38 case to damage a Blackhawk.
    (
    Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, American Legion, AMVETS, Sons of the American Revolution

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-28-2019),Mister Mills (02-28-2019)