Thread: Pennsylvania gun owners face annual registration under new bill

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,547 Times in 15,527 Posts

Pennsylvania gun owners face annual registration under new bill

A proposal from a Philadelphia Democrat would see use the Pennsylvania State Police begin and maintain a registry of guns and their owners in the Commonwealth.

The measure, HB 768, was proposed by state Rep. Angel Cruz last week. It would require registration certificates issued to those who seek to legally possess a firearm. The non-transferable $10 certificates would have to be renewed each year, for each gun.

A registration certificate will only be issued to individuals who are eligible to possess a firearm under Federal and State law, who have never been convicted of a crime of violence and have not been convicted of a crime relating to the use, possession, or sale of any dangerous drug within five years prior to the application, Cruz said in a brief to lawmakers on the bill.

Each certificate would require personal information about the gun owner as well as specifics on the gun such as its serial number. Applicants would have to supply photographs and fingerprints to PSP, who would have 30 days to approve or deny the certificate. Those who are denied would be able to appeal the decision within 10 days but, should that be turned away, would be forced to surrender to the firearm to authorities.

Under current Pennsylvania law,
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/14...under-new-bill
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-14-2019)

Little Miss Chatterbox Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 861 Posts
    That bill should rot in the same fiery pits as the person who introduced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,124 Times in 1,175 Posts
    It simply does not occur to that guy, that people need a gun to protect themselves with. Philly is so dangerous in places, that it makes me nervous to think about it.
    I don't think that his idiot bill stands a chance of being passed. There are still intelligent people in PA. And they know that their life can depend on having a pistol handy, with ammo.

And this bill is little more than chains placed on the law abiding: because the Left does not know how to punish the law breakers, or they don't want to punish them.
    1. I finished reading Blackhawk Down, the book, and it was very good. 2. I finished reading The Hunger Games, and it is wilder than the movie is.
    3. I finished Lone Survivor on CD, and I watched the movie, and the book is better. Everybody on that Team should have gotten the Medal Of Honor, but only one man lived. So there were no witnesses.[March 14, 2019]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-14-2019)

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,744 Posts
    No hunting on Sundays, no semi-auto rifles (semi auto shotguns OK...WTH?) and now this? It sucks to live in PA it would seem.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-14-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 572 Posts
    This is a numb nuts from Philadelphia. I wish it would secede and join New Jersey. The majority of the state will oppose it. Still this thinking needs squashed and squashed hard. No Sunday hunting is one of those blue laws we can not get rid of. We have used semi auto shotguns for years. Semi auto Rifles have recently been approved I believe. Sad thing is this state does have a secret data base on firearm purchases. It’s illegal as hell, everyone in government denighs it, but it does exist and is used.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Camel923 For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-15-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 561 Posts
    His last name is Cruz, what does that tell you, son of illegal immigrants I'm sure, I feel sorry for the people of that state but they are
    the ones who put him and others like him in office.
    dramey82

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Ken For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-15-2019)

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,744 Posts
    I guess PA is ruled by mob law....the population centers, the BIG cities. Like Illinois, New York and California are. All the Freebie seekers and the illegal alien voters live in the cities.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Camel923 (03-16-2019),hawgrider (03-15-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 572 Posts
    It’s hard to out vote the retards in Philadelphia and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh. But we do occasionally. I believe this is going nowhere but it pays to be vigilant and proactive.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Camel923 For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-16-2019)

Little Miss Chatterbox Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 861 Posts
    I worked with some guys from the PANG over in Al-Anbar province 1/106 Armor good bunch of guys, I may have to get a hold of them and see how things are in their neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-16-2019)