Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to check those bags.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    I am really good about checking the contents of my GHB. Everything is within expiration. My Gerber is oiled and ready to go. By denatured alcohol bottle is topped off. The food is well within expiration. The first aid supplies are all still vac-sealed and dust free. And the whole thing is sitting on the floor of my garage while my truck is parked an hour and half away at the Tucson airport.

When we started building the house, I took my pack out of my truck to make room to haul more stuff for the build. When I finished the house, I put it back in my truck. When I started Mrs Inor's Shack, I took it back out of the truck to make room for supplies. I obviously need to figure out a better system.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-29-2019),StratBastard (03-25-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Live and learn. My first attempt... many many years ago LOL.

I built myself 3 of the most BEAUTIFUL BOBs you could imagine... custom aluminum frame with a large Alice pack attached. CHOCK FULL of every goodie you migh think of: freezed dried food, CamelBack, mess kit, stove and fuel, ammo, a bivy tent and good quality sleeping bag, zippy ties, multi tool, yadida yadida yadida. Hung them out in the back building with my chock-full Suburban. I don't plan to bug out... but if I have too by God I am going into the wilderness with a year of supplies and comfort.

So... I go out to check my bags. Mice and rats had been in every bag (even though hung up on the wall). Every food container ripped open and consumed of course. But they also must have liked it in there: rodent piss and shit all over the non edible items. Even the packs couldn't be saved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rodent20helper.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	6244
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-26-2019),Inor (03-26-2019),shootbrownelk (03-29-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Not time to change out the winter clothes in my bag yet still plenty of snow here. I do need to look through and check dates on the energy bars, and hard candies, but the MRE’s are still in date and I take the back up gun out every month and clean it. And the med kit gets checked every other month, since it is the one I use in the car as well as for my bag. Though it could use some rethought into what is in it and I should rotate the batteries out for new ones as it has been a long cold winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got you thinking about it. My job is done here. LOL.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-26-2019),shootbrownelk (03-29-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I am really good about checking the contents of my GHB. Everything is within expiration. My Gerber is oiled and ready to go. By denatured alcohol bottle is topped off. The food is well within expiration. The first aid supplies are all still vac-sealed and dust free. And the whole thing is sitting on the floor of my garage while my truck is parked an hour and half away at the Tucson airport.

When we started building the house, I took my pack out of my truck to make room to haul more stuff for the build. When I finished the house, I put it back in my truck. When I started Mrs Inor's Shack, I took it back out of the truck to make room for supplies. I obviously need to figure out a better system.
    I hope the airlines don't have more problems with their software on your way HOME from Canada. You could get stuck there!
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12