For many years my wife and I lived in the concrete, high rise, over populated, South Florida area.
We would sit at home in a cookie cutter house on a postage stamp sized lot, listening to the police car and fire truck sirens, and dream of moving to a place that had more churches than bars.
And so it happened, that we were presented with an opportunity from my job to relocate to a choice of several areas.
And that's how we ended up in the N.E. Fla /S.E. Ga. area.
We have a little 4 acre homestead in a rural area that used to be timberland. It took many years of hard work carving it out of planted pines, fencing it all in, building barns and stables, putting in a vegetable garden.
My wife has been riding horses since she was a little girl, and now we have three horses.
We have been keeping chickens for almost twenty years now, right now we've got some out back laying eggs and others processed and in the freezer. Along with a deer's worth of meat.
We have always had dogs, and even though we have had neighbors in the area burgled, we never have been. Those dogs are priceless.
There are deer in the back yard, a family of red fox too (we've got the chickens behind several layers of 6 foot chainlink).
And best of all, at night instead of city noise, all we can hear is the lonesome train horn at the grade crossing 2 miles away. And our neighbors cows.

So, how about y'all?