Thread: I have started walking like a madman.

I have started walking like a madman.

That is my disaster preparedness, I walk for crazy distances. On Sunday May 26 I walked 15 or 16 miles, and I thought that those days were over.
    I am 63 years old and for a long time I was stooped over, and sickly; so I prayed to have my strength back.
    It took a while, for it to happen, but I can walk like a 30 year old now. So, I am calling this an answer to prayer.

Now that I have some leg strength back, I am going to start doing push ups too. There was a time when I could do 200 of them. Next will be sit ups.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Big Ken (05-28-2019),Gambit (05-28-2019),hawgrider (05-28-2019),Innkeeper (05-28-2019),Ricekila (05-29-2019),Rich1028 (05-28-2019),Sasquatch (05-30-2019),Sparkyprep (05-29-2019),StratBastard (05-30-2019),TJC44 (05-29-2019)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    how long does 15-16 miles take, in hours sir?
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,186 Times in 4,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    Most people can walk 3 miles per hour without any real problem.

Fast walking people can do much better.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,040 Times in 3,886 Posts
    Good for you. Keep it up!
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have zero issues with 200+ pushups. ( over a good looking hooker)
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Deebo (06-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I left around 8:30 and I got back around 4:00, so it may have taken me 7-8 hours. I am blurry on my real times, because I collapsed into a recliner; and got up later, and took a shower. I had to pierce some big blood blisters, but I was ecstatic that I could even get up and move.

I walked to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market, and I love that place; so my time was a lot longer than it should have been.
    I had a 2 MPH pace, or there about's, I struggled for the last 5 miles or so, because my salt levels crashed on me.
    I cramp up real bad sometimes, when I am in the sun for a long time, and that is what happened. So I got a box of salt, and a shaker, for future walks.

I taped my feet with cheap package tape, and that really made the difference, I am going to take a roll of it with me next time. I am still recovering from that walk, it kicked my hiney.

But, I am so tired of being sick and weak, and I figure that I am better off dead, than incapacitated by weaknesses.
    I was telling myself during that walk, that I might drop dead; I felt like poo at times; I really did get sick, for short periods. I am teaching myself by doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    Most people can walk 3 miles per hour without any real problem.

Fast walking people can do much better.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Yes, a healthy man can keep a 3 MPH pace, and when I was healthy I could do 4 MPH. But, oh Lord, it has been a long time since I was healthy.
    And, it was HOT, I was bleeding sweat and salt out of me. So, I am taking notes as I go, and working things out. I am stunned that I can walk as far as I have; but it is a good feeling in the end, it makes me feel like a man again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Good for you. Keep it up!
    Thanx Squatch, I intend to; or drop dead in my tracks, while making the attempt to walk 9 or 10 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    I have zero issues with 200+ pushups. ( over a good looking hooker)
    I have done that many, but I was 30 years old; and I really miss it, I mean being strong. I was no one to mess with in my 20's thru 40's; but now I am a weak man, and I don't like it. So I am working on it.

PS: To everyone, I have sun blisters on my neck and shoulders, I just noticed them. I reached up to rub my neck, and some of them burst.
    Last edited by Mister Mills; 05-31-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (05-31-2019),hawgrider (05-31-2019)