Thread: SlapShot USA’s New High Velocity Buckshot Loads (2,800 fps)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,930 Times in 16,033 Posts

SlapShot USA’s New High Velocity Buckshot Loads (2,800 fps)

Here is the company’s description of this new load (quoted from their website):

SlapShot USA’s high velocity single aught shot for home defense. Highly effective at 20 yards or less. Intended for home defense ToxSafe High Velocity Shot is designed to be be used at ranges typical in a home defense situation. Safe to shoot in rifled or smooth bore shotguns.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...oads-2800-fps/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (06-03-2019)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,135 Posts
    WTH? Plain old 00 Buckshot ain't good enough? I'd say those 1 3/4" Mini-Slugs for Aguila or Federal would work great, IF they cycle through your pump shotgun. They work in Mossbergs with an adapter I guess.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,930 Times in 16,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    WTH? Plain old 00 Buckshot ain't good enough? I'd say those 1 3/4" Mini-Slugs for Aguila or Federal would work great, IF they cycle through your pump shotgun. They work in Mossbergs with an adapter I guess.
    They did a number on the water jug in the video. New flavor I guess...
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-31-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,402 Posts
    SlapShot USA develops shotgun loads for short-range defensive use. Their ammunition is loaded with very lightweight (for the gauge) projectiles that travel at extremely high muzzle velocities resulting in devastating terminal performance at close ranges. For example, their 12 gauge 193-grain Precision Home Defense (PHD) slugs, which we talked about earlier, reach a muzzle velocity of 3,000 fps.
    It is the same thinking as loading a .44 Magnum with a 180 grain and pushing it really hard. It sounds like a good idea, and I got a ME of 3857.94243071.
    OR 3,858 Foot Pounds of muzzle energy. [Done for the benefit of the new guys, and lurkers.]
    1. I finished reading Blackhawk Down, the book, and it was very good. 2. I finished reading The Hunger Games, and it is wilder than the movie is.
    3. I finished Lone Survivor on CD, and I watched the movie, and the book is better. Everybody on that Team should have gotten the Medal Of Honor, but only one man lived. So there were no witnesses.[March 14, 2019]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (06-04-2019)