Thread: Pennsylvania May Be Moving Closer Towards A ‘Red Flag’ Law

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 38,074 Times in 17,188 Posts

Pennsylvania May Be Moving Closer Towards A ‘Red Flag’ Law

While federal gun control legislation appears to be going nowhere at the moment thanks to Democrats deciding to proceed with impeaching the president, gun control activists are still busy at the state level pushing an anti-gun agenda. In Pennsylvania this week, lawmakers heard two days of testimony from hundreds of individuals dealing with gun control, the 2nd Amendment, and mental health, and it appears that a “red flag” law may have a chance at passing in the Republican-controlled legislature, or at least one chamber.

Senate Judiciary Committee chair Lisa Baker (R-Luzerne) says she’s not on board with any “red flag” bill introduced in the Senate, but that could change.
    https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/0...-red-flag-law/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,527 Times in 2,729 Posts
    God Help Us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-27-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,787 Posts
    They will do it, because they don't have any good answers, so they will go to a bad one. America has become a weak minded nation, that makes stupid decisions anymore.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-28-2019),Innkeeper (10-04-2019),juskom95 (09-28-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,933 Times in 5,425 Posts
    Coming soon to a state near you!
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-28-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,194 Times in 2,173 Posts
    Meanwhile, in Missouri...

A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StratMaster For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (10-04-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Someone needs to challenge a red flag law, PDQ, to the Supreme Court, and stand up the fascist pricks, who are pushing them.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (10-06-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Someone needs to challenge a red flag law, PDQ, to the Supreme Court, and stand up the fascist pricks, who are pushing them.
    That's really the only way to see these stopped. I would guess though that there are not going to be any "Red Flag Laws," applied to those with the means/money to fight them.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    That's really the only way to see these stopped. I would guess though that there are not going to be any "Red Flag Laws," applied to those with the means/money to fight them.
    You are right, they will be used as weapons against those who cannot afford to fight them.
    And most people don't know that there are legal foundations, that will help them fight. So, they will just get steamrolled; and that is what those laws are, steamrollers.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (10-09-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    You are right, they will be used as weapons against those who cannot afford to fight them.
    And most people don't know that there are legal foundations, that will help them fight. So, they will just get steamrolled; and that is what those laws are, steamrollers.
    I believe there will be much non-compliance. These Leftists forget that outside the cities/urban holes, people are not as ready to bend over and take it from government.

COFFEE!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-09-2019),Mister Mills (10-10-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    I believe there will be much non-compliance. These Leftists forget that outside the cities/urban holes, people are not as ready to bend over and take it from government.
    There should be resistance to these idiot laws, promulgated by lunatics who have never been in a fight, or held a gun. Red Flag laws are dangerous by their nature.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (10-10-2019)