Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DICKS !

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,711 Times in 5,340 Posts
    Wait, didn't Dicks state they were already doing this or had done this already?
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (10-08-2019),shootbrownelk (10-09-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,786 Times in 7,497 Posts
    This is the first thing I can think of that Dick's has done right!

They destroyed $5,000,000 worth of firearms that they had presumably already paid the manufacturer for. The people that want to buy those $5,000,000 worth of firearms will presumably buy them somewhere else. Therefore, somebody else will be buying an extra $5,000,000 worth of firearms from the manufacturers. Since the manufacturer will be making an extra $5,000,000 worth of guns, they may be able to drive down the per unit cost of production and pass some of the savings onto us!

So in the end, the manufacturers make more money, we might get cheaper guns and Dick's ends up losing a bunch of money. What's not to like about that arrangement?
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (10-08-2019),Deebo (10-09-2019),hawgrider (10-09-2019),juskom95 (10-08-2019),rice paddy daddy (10-08-2019),Ricekila (10-08-2019)

Smooth conversationalist Back Pack Hack's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    ......... What's not to like about that arrangement?
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    ....... we might get cheaper guns .....
    We won't.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page: Back Pack Hack

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Back Pack Hack For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (10-08-2019),Ricekila (10-08-2019)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 37,143 Times in 16,869 Posts

Get Woke, Go Broke: DICK’S Continues to Bleed Sales

Cowan asked, “How much did you think you were going to lose?”

“A quarter of a billion dollars,” Stack replied.

“And how much did you actually lose?”

“About a quarter of a billion! Pretty close.”

On top of that, the assault-style rifles he still had in stock – about $5 million worth of inventory – he turned into scrap metal.

“I said, ‘You know what? If we really think these things should be off the street, we need to destroy them,'” he said.

It looks like his decision has led to continued bleeding from Dick’s. After all, at their stockholder’s meeting back in March, Stack claimed his company had only lost $150 million. Only $150 million.

Now, that figure has risen to $250 million.

But originally, The Hill reported that Dick’s stock price has risen “after new gun rules don’t affect sales.“
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...o-bleed-sales/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (10-09-2019),Inor (10-09-2019),juskom95 (10-09-2019),Ricekila (10-09-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 1,624 Posts
    The CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods said the company destroyed more than $5 million worth of assault-style rifles following its decision to stop selling the weapons amid pressure on retailers from gun control groups.
    They did it as a sop to the anti's, it makes them look holy to the Handgun Control Incorporated types. And that is who they are afraid of, it ain't you and me that they care about.
    They are cow towing to the radicals, because they are scared to death of them. There is no loss here to you and me, there are plenty of AR-15's being made, and bought.
    Dicks has cut off its nose to spite its face. And that is typical of self-destructive behavior; and I don't know if they will be in business 5 years from now.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-09-2019),juskom95 (10-09-2019),Ricekila (10-10-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,122 Times in 2,556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    They did it as a sop to the anti's, it makes them look holy to the Handgun Control Incorporated types. And that is who they are afraid of, it ain't you and me that they care about.
    They are cow towing to the radicals, because they are scared to death of them. There is no loss here to you and me, there are plenty of AR-15's being made, and bought.
    Dicks has cut off its nose to spite its face. And that is typical of self-destructive behavior; and I don't know if they will be in business 5 years from now.
    I too don't know if they'll be in business 5 years from now. I hope not, they deserve to die an agonizing slow death in their stores. They'll probably still sell over the internet. I don't know who would buy that overpriced Yuppie gear though.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (10-10-2019),Ricekila (10-10-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I too don't know if they'll be in business 5 years from now. I hope not, they deserve to die an agonizing slow death in their stores. They'll probably still sell over the internet. I don't know who would buy that overpriced Yuppie gear though.
    Amen. Dicks has lost sight of who it was that they served.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (10-10-2019),shootbrownelk (10-10-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12