Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100 Men will test today, but only 3.....

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Thank you all for your heartfelt prayers and words. Have no doubt that this ain't about me. I ain't playing any pity party songs on my account. I felt the guilt before and when he assured me that he would do it all over again, I let those feelings go. I don't live in the past and I survive.

Sadly he always had a backwards glance and it haunted him more than most. I will be going to honor him this weekend at Ft. Rucker, Al. near where he lived.

"Mackie"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4969.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	8891

Inor, if you still have that coin I gave you. Know that it was one of two coins Mackie gave to me from his team. It was the only one I was carrying when I met you, so I gave it to you to remember me by. Now you can remember us both with it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Baglady (10-25-2019),Gambit (10-23-2019),Infidel (10-24-2019),Inor (10-23-2019),Mister Mills (11-13-2019),Ricekila (10-23-2019),shootbrownelk (10-25-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    Thank you all for your heartfelt prayers and words. Have no doubt that this ain't about me. I ain't playing any pity party songs on my account. I felt the guilt before and when he assured me that he would do it all over again, I let those feelings go. I don't live in the past and I survive.

Sadly he always had a backwards glance and it haunted him more than most. I will be going to honor him this weekend at Ft. Rucker, Al. near where he lived.

"Mackie"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4969.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	8891

Inor, if you still have that coin I gave you. Know that it was one of two coins Mackie gave to me from his team. It was the only one I was carrying when I met you, so I gave it to you to remember me by. Now you can remember us both with it.
    I still have the coin. I used to carry it with me always as kind of a talisman. Unfortunately, the TSA kept having problems with me carrying it on airplanes and threatened to take it away. So now it sits in a place of honor in our home. (Have I ever mentioned that I REALLY HATE the TSA?)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-23-2019),juskom95 (10-23-2019),OSFG (10-23-2019),Ricekila (10-23-2019),shootbrownelk (10-25-2019),StratBastard (10-24-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,325 Times in 6,026 Posts

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-23-2019),Innkeeper (10-26-2019),Inor (10-23-2019),juskom95 (10-23-2019),Mister Mills (11-13-2019),shootbrownelk (10-25-2019),Slippy (10-23-2019),StratBastard (12-16-2019)

A short life lived well outweighs a long life of disappointment and regret.

It sounds like he made you proud, and you gave him the gift of his lifetime.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-23-2019),Innkeeper (10-23-2019),Inor (10-23-2019),Mister Mills (11-13-2019),Ricekila (10-23-2019),shootbrownelk (10-25-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Well another one opts out. Nate, who we all called "Duke" killed himself yesterday. He was the "Bravo" on the team...which means weapons expert. He and I had many issues, unresolved, but I loved him like a little brother. He was the cause of most of my frustration on the team because he was the impulsive, devil may care one. He did shit that got people hurt and I started to really hate him for it. Later I left the team and he became a sergeant major....I retired and he fought his own battles of PTSD.....Funny thing.... The last time I saw him I had brought Mackie, my friend and one of Nates guys, to him to talk about PTSD and helping Mackie. I remember leaving that night night mad as hell that Nate was taking it too lightly....being a damn staff guy, when I needed a leader to help deal with Mackie's issues....

Now Mackie killed himself on Oct 19th.....Nate killed himself on Dec 15th..... and I sit here and wonder which is worse.having PTSD and no way forward...or having PTSD and having people with it your responsible for....

Well.... life claims another. Never worry about me...... when you hear that a lone gunman has begun to kill Extremist Muslim groups, antifa leaders, and communist billionaires....then you might want to ask ...."hey? whats old SF up to these days"....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Inor (12-16-2019),Ricekila (12-17-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,330 Times in 5,120 Posts
    Prayers for you, friend.
    I have no wise words, just prayers and love.
    Take care.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (12-17-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,189 Times in 4,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    ....then you might want to ask ...."hey? whats old SF up to these days"....
    You are up to being used to help others, . . . myself included.

PTSD comes in many forms, . . . and I truly believe that the worst form of it is an 8 x 10 rear view mirror, . . . and a peep hole windshield.

It took a while to get me to adjust from that attitude, . . . to the peep hole rear view mirror, . . . and a 20 x 40 windshield. Life is so much better this way.

Many things I would like to have a "do over" for in my past, . . . words, actions, deeds, attitudes, . . . among others, . . . but that is not allowed. Can't fix the past, . . . but I can fix the future.

And I had to swallow a couple of times reading your last couple of posts, . . . as I ministered at the funeral of one of those "best friends" a few days ago, . . . and we'll have his interment this coming Friday in Dayton, Ohio. Were I not in the "group" I was in during the funeral, . . . it would have been much harder, . . . we all helped each other thru it.

Being a pastor, . . . my windshield sees him in the far distance now, . . . waving me on, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Inor (12-16-2019),MountainGirl (12-16-2019),Ricekila (12-17-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12