Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: i f**ked up

Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,042 Times in 5,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I am glad that you worked it out, you are the funniest guy on this forum.
    funniest? you flatter me sir
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    I am glad that you worked it out, you are the funniest guy on this forum.
    I guess that makes me the funniest girl!
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-30-2019),StratBastard (10-29-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I have several cases of bourbon. I generally get up around noon. Oh those golden years!
    That explains a few things..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-30-2019),StratBastard (10-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    funniest? you flatter me sir
    No, I can be pretty funny, but I have really slowed down, and you beat me to the punch every time, with your threads and replies. You and Strat Master are two of the best members on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    I guess that makes me the funniest girl!
    Time will tell, I don't know if you have recovered from your "sabbatical". What was that all about? And were you locked up?
    Well, that was my hari kari attempt at humor. Now let's see if I get the woodchipper.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Baglady (10-31-2019),Gambit (10-31-2019),hawgrider (10-31-2019),Inor (11-01-2019),StratBastard (10-31-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    No, I can be pretty funny, but I have really slowed down, and you beat me to the punch every time, with your threads and replies. You and Strat Master are two of the best members on this forum.

Time will tell, I don't know if you have recovered from your "sabbatical". What was that all about? And were you locked up?
    Well, that was my hari kari attempt at humor. Now let's see if I get the woodchipper.
    I wish I could tell you it was an amazing journey, like the time I hitch hiked across the USof A in 76. Or the times I rode bareback bronc in the Womens Rodeo in Alb., Or even the time I was a passenger in a car and the driver was being chased by a cop, and after some dicy moves managed to elude the cop!
    But no. This "sabatical" was no fun at all. I was basically flat on my back, in excruciating pain for 5 months, and Physical Rehab for another 3 months. My body decided it had enough abuse and went AWOL!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

Gambit (10-31-2019),hawgrider (11-01-2019),Inor (11-01-2019),Mister Mills (11-01-2019),Slippy (11-01-2019),StratBastard (10-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    I wish I could tell you it was an amazing journey, like the time I hitch hiked across the USof A in 76. Or the times I rode bareback bronc in the Womens Rodeo in Alb., Or even the time I was a passenger in a car and the driver was being chased by a cop, and after some dicy moves managed to elude the cop!
    But no. This "sabatical" was no fun at all. I was basically flat on my back, in excruciating pain for 5 months, and Physical Rehab for another 3 months. My body decided it had enough abuse and went AWOL!
    I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain, and laid up for so long. I am going through health troubles myself; something has happened to me, and I have blown up to 235 pounds. My insulin needs have doubled, and sometimes tripled, over what they were last year at this time.

I am going through awful pain at times too. And I get as dumb as a rock sometimes, and it resembles dementia; then it will clear up, but comes back.

Anyway, my kidney screening comes back in the normal range, so it it isn't that. Whatever it is, I am probably going to have it for keeps.
    I am 63, very diabetic, and there ain't much more that they can do for me. But I will plug along anyhow, until the Lord comes back to get me.

PS: in 1976, I was in Butzbach, FRG; and I was a 20 or 21 year old private in the Army.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-02-2019),Inor (11-01-2019),Slippy (11-01-2019),StratBastard (11-01-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 Times in 13,796 Posts
    I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain, and laid up for so long. I am going through health troubles myself; something has happened to me, and I have blown up to 235 pounds. My insulin needs have doubled, and sometimes tripled, over what they were last year at this time.

I am going through awful pain at times too. And I get as dumb as a rock sometimes, and it resembles dementia; then it will clear up, but comes back.

Anyway, my kidney screening comes back in the normal range, so it it isn't that. Whatever it is, I am probably going to have it for keeps.
    I am 63, very diabetic, and there ain't much more that they can do for me. But I will plug along anyhow, until the Lord comes back to get me.

PS: in 1976, I was in Butzbach, FRG; and I was a 20 or 21 year old private in the Army.
    Are you being monitored for diabetic ketoacidosis? I was muddle-headed (more than usual LOL) exhausted, had extreme stomach problems (gastroparesis), and pain of course for several years. Finally diagnosed with high triglycerides, which was poisoning my pancreas. Spent a week in the ICU. I am half a diabetic, meaning I need insulin every third day or so if I watch my diet. But this ketoacidosis stuff is murder, and from what I understand comes along with type II diabetes. I blew up to 265 pounds, regardless of exercise and strict diet. I am shrinking again now. Take care of yourself buddy!
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-02-2019),Innkeeper (11-01-2019),Inor (11-01-2019),Mister Mills (11-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Are you being monitored for diabetic ketoacidosis? I was muddle-headed (more than usual LOL) exhausted, had extreme stomach problems (gastroparesis), and pain of course for several years. Finally diagnosed with high triglycerides, which was poisoning my pancreas. Spent a week in the ICU. I am half a diabetic, meaning I need insulin every third day or so if I watch my diet. But this ketoacidosis stuff is murder, and from what I understand comes along with type II diabetes. I blew up to 265 pounds, regardless of exercise and strict diet. I am shrinking again now. Take care of yourself buddy!
    No, I am not being monitored for that, I will have to bring it up to my doctor; because he referred me to a nutritionist, and I think that he missed the mark.
    Do you check your levels of acidosis with urine test strips?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (11-01-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 Times in 13,796 Posts
    Yes, I keep an eye on it as it almost killed me. Also a big dose of Lipitor for my triglycerides. I think I had low grade pancreatitis for years, and nearly every one of my various/mysterious ills have either gone away or subsided now that I know the problem. Had a TON of various diagnosis, because I was sick to my stomach, in pain everywhere, violent dizzy spells, bad trouble breathing, heart racing/arrhythmia, extreme fatigue, blah blah blah. Turns out I don't have any of those various disorders they thought they identified... just had my endocrine system out of whack. I think some bad luck played into it as well... because my body seemed to straighten itself out every time right before my annual checkup with labs LOL. "Nope, nothing wrong here. Move along you hypochondriac you". Get you some comprehensive labs done next doctor visit, tell them your concerns. Check fasting blood sugar level, triglycerides, and for ketoacidosis. I also eat a LOT of fresh veggies now, and have given up bread, pasta, and rice. If you aren't already doing it, cook yourself up giant pans of sliced sweet onions, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and toss in big handfuls of greens. Make it yummy, so you don't feel deprived: add in lots of garlic and a couple tablespoons of Presto roasted garlic n' onion sauce (it's next to the spaghetti sauce at your grocers'). . Cook up and spice a big mess of chicken or beef, and add it in. Very good type of cooking for us, very tasty, and sticks to a man's ribs. I cook 3 days worth at a time, varying the ingredients of course. Low glycemic is the key here to lowering that blood sugar. Be well my friend.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-02-2019),Inor (11-01-2019),Mister Mills (11-02-2019),Slippy (11-01-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,293 Times in 7,093 Posts

Prayers Mr Mills!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-02-2019)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast