Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: i f**ked up

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain, and laid up for so long. I am going through health troubles myself; something has happened to me, and I have blown up to 235 pounds. My insulin needs have doubled, and sometimes tripled, over what they were last year at this time.

I am going through awful pain at times too. And I get as dumb as a rock sometimes, and it resembles dementia; then it will clear up, but comes back.

Anyway, my kidney screening comes back in the normal range, so it it isn't that. Whatever it is, I am probably going to have it for keeps.
    I am 63, very diabetic, and there ain't much more that they can do for me. But I will plug along anyhow, until the Lord comes back to get me.

PS: in 1976, I was in Butzbach, FRG; and I was a 20 or 21 year old private in the Army.
    Indeed. Prayers upward bound.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (11-01-2019)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain, and laid up for so long. I am going through health troubles myself; something has happened to me, and I have blown up to 235 pounds. My insulin needs have doubled, and sometimes tripled, over what they were last year at this time.

I am going through awful pain at times too. And I get as dumb as a rock sometimes, and it resembles dementia; then it will clear up, but comes back.

Anyway, my kidney screening comes back in the normal range, so it it isn't that. Whatever it is, I am probably going to have it for keeps.
    I am 63, very diabetic, and there ain't much more that they can do for me. But I will plug along anyhow, until the Lord comes back to get me.

PS: in 1976, I was in Butzbach, FRG; and I was a 20 or 21 year old private in the Army.
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe Stratmaster's advice will shed new light and get you back on track.
    For me, surgery is the only other option. Been putting it off because I live in Mississippi. (!) Will have to have it done in Memphis.
    Keep us posted to see if it is the ketoacidosis.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Yes, I keep an eye on it as it almost killed me. Also a big dose of Lipitor for my triglycerides. I think I had low grade pancreatitis for years, and nearly every one of my various/mysterious ills have either gone away or subsided now that I know the problem. Had a TON of various diagnosis, because I was sick to my stomach, in pain everywhere, violent dizzy spells, bad trouble breathing, heart racing/arrhythmia, extreme fatigue, blah blah blah. Turns out I don't have any of those various disorders they thought they identified... just had my endocrine system out of whack. I think some bad luck played into it as well... because my body seemed to straighten itself out every time right before my annual checkup with labs LOL. "Nope, nothing wrong here. Move along you hypochondriac you". Get you some comprehensive labs done next doctor visit, tell them your concerns. Check fasting blood sugar level, triglycerides, and for ketoacidosis. I also eat a LOT of fresh veggies now, and have given up bread, pasta, and rice. If you aren't already doing it, cook yourself up giant pans of sliced sweet onions, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and toss in big handfuls of greens. Make it yummy, so you don't feel deprived: add in lots of garlic and a couple tablespoons of Presto roasted garlic n' onion sauce (it's next to the spaghetti sauce at your grocers'). .

Cook up and spice a big mess of chicken or beef, and add it in. Very good type of cooking for us, very tasty, and sticks to a man's ribs. I cook 3 days worth at a time, varying the ingredients of course. Low glycemic is the key here to lowering that blood sugar. Be well my friend.
    If it is endocrine, the VA has not detected it, but they did not detect my peptic ulcer either. And I am not slamming the VA, doctors in general believe what they see in tests, and nothing else.

I will try to keep that recipe in mind, it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Prayers Mr Mills!
    Thanks Slippy. There has been a number of times in my life when prayer saved me, from death. And I can be melodramatic, but I have my reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Indeed. Prayers upward bound.
    Thanks Inor, you are a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe Stratmaster's advice will shed new light and get you back on track.
    For me, surgery is the only other option. Been putting it off because I live in Mississippi. (!) Will have to have it done in Memphis.
    Keep us posted to see if it is the ketoacidosis.
    OK Baglady, and thanks. But, I know that whatever it is, only prayer will bring it to light. At least for the doctors anyway.

Memphis has some good hospitals and surgeons; and you are smart to go there, and skip anyone in Mississippi.
    I had surgery on my ankle, and I was lucky that Huntington WV, has an impressive surgeons group.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-02-2019),Innkeeper (11-02-2019),Slippy (11-02-2019),StratBastard (11-02-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345