Thread: Second Amendment Groups React To Gun Control Wins In Virginia

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 38,030 Times in 17,174 Posts

Second Amendment Groups React To Gun Control Wins In Virginia

As Virginia Governor Ralph Northam promises swift action on gun control measures now that anti-gun Democrats control the state’s legislature, Second Amendment groups are reacting to the reality that the right to keep and bear arms will soon be repeatedly infringed by the actions of the gun control activists in charge of the state. The NRA, in a statement posted online, warns of the rough road ahead.

“As if Gov. Northam’s legacy of ineptitude wasn’t enough, Virginians are about to experience life under a distant tycoon’s thumb. Candidates who proudly accepted Bloomberg’s cash—and every voter they misled—will soon realize the cost of being beholden to a Manhattan billionaire who despises Virginians’ right to self-defense. Fortunately, many NRA-backed candidates in Virginia, New Jersey, Kentucky and Mississippi prevailed over their Bloomberg-funded opponents. As the battle continues, so does the NRA’s defense of the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.”

There were some election victories Tuesday evening, but the Virginia defeat is going to have a national impact. Already gun control groups are dreaming of flipping Texas in 2020, relying on the same strategy of targeting suburban women with a message of “commonsense gun safety” resolutions that in reality are unconstitutional, ineffective or unenforceable.
    https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/1...s-in-virginia/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (11-13-2019),shootbrownelk (11-10-2019),StratMaster (11-10-2019)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 38,030 Times in 17,174 Posts

Virginians Flock To Gun Stores After Election Day Losses

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam may be vowing to pass gun bans and more when lawmakers return to Richmond for the 2020 session in a few weeks, but in the meantime he’s going to end up selling a lot of guns across the state. On today’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co., gun shop owner Scott Ayers from Farmville Sporting Goods joins me to talk about how gun owners are already reacting to the loss of the legislature and the upcoming onslaught of gun control bills. From AR-15’s to suppressors, residents are buying up pretty much everything Northam is hoping to ban.

That’s not good news for the governor when it comes to predicting how many Virginians will comply with his proposed gun and magazine bans. I doubt the men and women visiting Farmville Sporting Goods, for instance, are buying 20-round magazines because they only want to use them for a few months. It looks to me like many Virginians are making a decision not to comply with law that would strip them of their lawfully owned arms.
    https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/1...on-day-losses/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (11-10-2019),StratMaster (11-10-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,509 Times in 2,722 Posts
    How old is Bloomberg? How old is Soros? Where the hell is a good major heart attack when you need one??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Sparkyprep (11-10-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,785 Posts
    There were some election victories Tuesday evening, but the Virginia defeat is going to have a national impact. Already gun control groups are dreaming of flipping Texas in 2020, relying on the same strategy of targeting suburban women with a message of “commonsense gun safety” resolutions that in reality are unconstitutional, ineffective or unenforceable.
    Look at what that says, the Democrats are going for suburban women, and they will get them too. Right there is a snapshot of how America has been transformed.
    The Dems go for a target group, and convince them that all is lost: women, blacks, immigrants, they go after all of them.

And they have won them over too, thus America has been transformed. We are in it up to our necks, and we had better start praying like our lives were at stake.
    This is bad and it can get worse, and I don't hold out false hopes. So, I take a fighting stance in life, and I take that stance in prayer too.

Look at what has already been lost, and the media is full of evil liars; and we all know who the father of lies is, it is the Devil. I am serious here, that is what we are up against in America.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (11-14-2019)