Thread: Another group I wont be part of....The Special Forces Association

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts

Another group I wont be part of....The Special Forces Association

When team mates of my friend who died discussed an idea for the association to collect from members a small fee to help offset the out of pockets expenses retired members have going to the funerals of teammates, because we believe in burying our own. The comments back were as terrible as I view the the people that wrote them. " A squared away Green Beret would'nt need any help. It his own fault for not being prepared, etc.

SO essentially sayin we see know reason to start a voluntary fund to collectively help other members who cannot afford to attend funerals of friends, because they must not really be good soldiers or they would be prepared

I paid may way and ask nothing of them since I refuse to become a member of anything anymore. But another reminder of why I feel that way.

So Special Forces....you got my last 10 years of my life in uniform....I'll not give you one more single second of my time now. It now less a brotherhood than just a coverhood

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-22-2019),Innkeeper (11-21-2019),Inor (11-21-2019),juskom95 (11-26-2019),Mister Mills (11-24-2019),Sasquatch (11-21-2019),StratBastard (11-21-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,039 Times in 3,886 Posts
    Pretty crappy they wouldn't even do a voluntary fund.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sasquatch For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-22-2019),shootbrownelk (11-24-2019),StratBastard (11-21-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    So that was the majority view? Kind of sad for brothers who have been to war together.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-22-2019),shootbrownelk (11-24-2019),StratBastard (11-21-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Set up an outside thing - not SF or service related. I'll pitch in a few bucks as I am positive others here will as well.

(But do it soon as I have kids coming in late tomorrow afternoon and will be offline for a few days.)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-22-2019),Dwight55 (11-22-2019),Innkeeper (11-22-2019),shootbrownelk (11-24-2019)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    That really sucks! It hurts when you think you can count on some folks and find out you can't.
    At least you know you can always count on us.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (11-24-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Naw....its OK, but some guys who wanted to go didn't. In the end he had 4 brother Green Berets there and got a military funeral. I think its just simply a product of "Silent Professional" personas.

Just as the units themselves do not acknowledge, contribute to, or really care about mental services for their unit members, neither do the people who run their associated chapters and organizations, as it associates some of the negatives with the units.

Most of my associates have nothing to do with these chapters, but have found things like Motor cycle clubs....Prepper forums....or other means to find brothers and sisters to associate with.

I myself typically don't care to talk about who I was and what I did back in the great wars...but instead choose to interact with folks who remind me of why it was all worth it... Like you all.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (11-22-2019),shootbrownelk (11-24-2019)

" A squared away Green Beret would'nt need any help. It his own fault for not being prepared, etc.
    I knew a less than squared away Green Beret, and we we buddies during drills at the 19th, and he was a great guy. But, he was shunned by a lot of other tabbed guys, mostly because he was too humble for their tastes.

He died in his sleep down near Fort Bragg, where he lived; we were simpatico, and I hated to see him go. There are punk mouthed Green Berets, and I know a few, and they need to shut their yaps.

SF can draw men who are broken inside, and need to show that they are tough, and don't need anybodies help. And I say, so what? They are lying to themselves. No man is an island.

In closing, arrogance and chutzpah, are not a credit to any man, especially one who has a Green Beret.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (11-26-2019),OSFG (11-24-2019)