Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Goal achieved this year, what’s for next year?

  1. #11
    VIP Member! Prepared One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    569

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    My plan is try and stay above dirt another year.
    Mine as well, if for no other reason then to just piss people off!
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Honor."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Prepared One For This Useful Post:

    hawgrider (12-29-2019)

  3. #12
    Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    5,534

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    14,866
    Thanked 10,512 Times in 4,428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuteFartne View Post
    My goals are a work in progress that span this year and next.

    I've paid off all my bills and owe nothing to anyone. I will also being buying a house and that will be my only debt. I will also buy a new truck in cash. And the last part of my evil plan is to marry my best friend and love of my life.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    not buying that home in cali are you?
    are they not going to rise the land / new home owner tax by another %11?
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

    I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

  4. #13
    Anti-social Behavior Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit!
    Posts
    3,764

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    11,549
    Thanked 9,381 Times in 3,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuteFartne View Post
    My goals are a work in progress that span this year and next.

    I've paid off all my bills and owe nothing to anyone. I will also being buying a house and that will be my only debt. I will also buy a new truck in cash. And the last part of my evil plan is to marry my best friend and love of my life.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Good going!

    What make/model truck you looking at?

    I'm thinking about going with a 2 Door 3/4 or 1 Ton Diesel and add a nice camper shell with a pull out storage shelf built into the bed. I'll keep my 4 door F150 at Slippy Lodge for hauling dirty shit in the bed, but otherwise it will be a 2 Door Diesel. Mrs S is the only one I want riding with me anyway!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

    Inor (12-29-2019),MountainGirl (12-29-2019)

  6. #14
    Hairy beast KnuteFartne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,299

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    1,358
    Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Good going!

    What make/model truck you looking at?

    I'm thinking about going with a 2 Door 3/4 or 1 Ton Diesel and add a nice camper shell with a pull out storage shelf built into the bed. I'll keep my 4 door F150 at Slippy Lodge for hauling dirty shit in the bed, but otherwise it will be a 2 Door Diesel. Mrs S is the only one I want riding with me anyway!
    Still wrestling with what to buy. I'm leaning toward a Tundra. I have a Tundra now and it has 250K miles on it and is still going strong. My only problem with it is it's an early model and my big ass doesnt fit in it too well.

    I also like the Dodge and Chevy. I've never been a Ford guy so that's not in the running.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #15
    Super Moderator TJC44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    3,600

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,392
    Thanked 5,470 Times in 2,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuteFartne View Post
    Still wrestling with what to buy. I'm leaning toward a Tundra. I have a Tundra now and it has 250K miles on it and is still going strong. My only problem with it is it's an early model and my big ass doesnt fit in it too well.

    I also like the Dodge and Chevy. I've never been a Ford guy so that's not in the running.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's surprising to hear. I thought Tundras were pretty large.
    My 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 is 4 door with a full size bed. I find it very roomy, but I'm not a big guy
    My retirement plan is: Civilization will probably crumble before I'm 65 and money will be meaningless anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •