Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tractor!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    What hell is regen mode ? Never heard of that.

What happens of you don't use the button or disconnect it?
    Those of us that are familiar with modern diesels know that "regen" is an overly-complicated, expensive system mandated by our gooberment, with the intent of lowering exhaust emissions, but really just serves as a frequent point of break-down, with the real intent of discouraging consumers from buying diesels at all. Most after-market part manufacturers have "exhaust delete kits" to remove this silly system from modern trucks. Inor should check into possibly finding one of these kits to fit his tractor.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-09-2020),Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),RubberDuck (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,847 Times in 6,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    It came this morning!

Attachment 9594

I only played with it for about an hour today but I was surprised how quickly I got the hang of the bucket. I just filled in a few sinkholes that developed from the construction of the house and the She Shack. It definitely has the power to knock down a Yucca. (The weed of the desert.) Unfortunately it does not have quite enough weight to rip out the roots. I may try it again when I put the box grader on the back.

Speaking of the box grader, here is the box grader and hay spear in the background.

Attachment 9595

And the brush hog.

Attachment 9596

Slip -

We learned all about Regen mode when they dropped it off this morning. It has a switch to put it in "Regen mode" manually and the dealer suggested doing that about every 20 hours. I am not happy about the damn government mandating that my tractor has to run at 2600 RPMs for a freakin HALF HOUR not doing anything!!! Grrrr!
    First off AWESOME tractor Inor! Me and Mrs S went into town yesterday and stopped by the dealer that handled LS Tractors and I looked a couple over, very nice!

Second, yeah I thought you'd be as pleased with the EPA Mandated Gubmint Over-reaching BS called REGEN as I am!

I've found that if I run my JD Wide Open Throttle at all (or most times) then it seems to blow out all of the Soot and the REGEN function doesn't happen as often. But, I'm here to tell you the first time it happened I was moving some dirt going up a fairly steep hill and I lost power for a moment and thought I was going to start going backwards out of control.

As far as increasing your "pulling power" drop the tranny into 4WD LOW and see if that helps.

ENJOY!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    I understand that def fluid is just detergent and water, that's redicluous.
    I cant spell.
    I have want of a tractor, but I really cant afford one right now.
    I have a plan though..
    I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
    Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Inor, I'm told "men with tractors just wanna use them", so if you get bored, come over to DEEBO Estate and bring that beast, I will feed you all weekend, and buy you any dark nasty beer you want...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I cant spell.
    I have a plan though..
    I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
    Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.
    DEF is urea. It is cow piss.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-09-2020),Slippy (01-09-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
    I cant spell.
    I have a plan though..
    Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020),Sparkyprep (01-09-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Wow that would piss me off! That's nuts force you into service...
    My bloods boiling thinking about that.

I can see I'd be a candidate for an antique tractor.
    I guess I won't do an upgrade in the future! . My 2006 looks better and better

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-09-2020),Inor (01-09-2020)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.
    Ha, i have one of similar design, a yard drag, made of steel pipe, truck chains and i beam. i plan on spending a few hours rewilding and reconnecting some cables. my main issue is "keeping it straight" behind the pulling machine?
    When i use the truck, or mower, the hitch is the attachment, so the chain is formed in a 90 degree angle, well it turns a little and then doesn't level for crap. i am sure i will figure it out.
    the front end blade is mainly because the JACKASS that dug mu irrigation ditch left huge clumps of dirt everywhere, and weeds grew around them.
    Don't wanna jack Inors thread, but beiong a homeowner in the country is awesome and terrible.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Inor,

How much easier is your life now that you have the tractor?

Huge help on the homestead for sure!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Inor (02-09-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Inor,

How much easier is your life now that you have the tractor?

Huge help on the homestead for sure!
    I have only used it a few times so far. I filled in some sinkholes that happened from building the house. They were so spread out and big that I would not have even attempted to do it by hand. I also filled in some holes by our gate that fill up with water whenever it rains. Again, I would not have done anything about them absent the tractor. So yes, the tractor has been a HUGE help so far.

Where it is really going to get a workout is when I put in the water lines for the gardens, fruit trees and steer pasture. I have about 1000 yards of water lines to bury. I will be starting on those as soon as I am home for more than 36 hours per week. (My travel schedule is a bitch right now.)

Which reminds me, I need to thank you. I took your advice when we were talking about tractors (just before I bought it). I was originally planning on getting a 6 foot box grader for it. After talking with you I decided to get a 5 footer instead because you mentioned your 35 HP tractor seemed a little underpowered with the box grader. The 5 footer has worked perfectly so far - no problems at all as long as I remember to put it in low gear and 4WD.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (02-10-2020),Slippy (02-09-2020),Sparkyprep (02-09-2020)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast