Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Safe Time Gents

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 827 Posts
    So we finally bought a new safe. I looked at this model over the last few years and I liked it especially for the price. I didn't purchase solely for the situation at hand but for a combination of things. Price was #1 it was on clearance and then they added a 11% rebate, the size and weight, we desperately needed a new and larger safe and lastly security becasue of the situation. I do feel better leaving the house now although I don't expect any problems. Most safes this size weigh in around 400 lbs this one is 570 lbs. I'm sure it will be plenty of security if needed due to drug heads and petty thieves that I think we could encounter. I think if anything it would be a smash and grab thief. It took myself, son and wife to move it in. We slide it from the truck into the utv. Drove it down to the basement doors. Slide it onto a harbor freight 4 wheel dolly rolled it into the kitchen. Sat it upright. Loaded back onto the 4 wheel dolly again rolled it to its future home and slide it off the dolly and into place. Granted it wasn't easy but it wasn't as hard has some thought it would be. Its now in place and set up and out of sight. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stackon.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	10236

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-25-2020),Innkeeper (03-25-2020),Inor (03-25-2020),KnuteFartne (03-25-2020),MountainGirl (03-25-2020),Ricekila (03-25-2020),RubberDuck (03-25-2020),Slippy (03-25-2020),TJC44 (03-25-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 9,880 Times in 3,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    So we finally bought a new safe. I looked at this model over the last few years and I liked it especially for the price. I didn't purchase solely for the situation at hand but for a combination of things. Price was #1 it was on clearance and then they added a 11% rebate, the size and weight, we desperately needed a new and larger safe and lastly security becasue of the situation. I do feel better leaving the house now although I don't expect any problems. Most safes this size weigh in around 400 lbs this one is 570 lbs. I'm sure it will be plenty of security if needed due to drug heads and petty thieves that I think we could encounter. I think if anything it would be a smash and grab thief. It took myself, son and wife to move it in. We slide it from the truck into the utv. Drove it down to the basement doors. Slide it onto a harbor freight 4 wheel dolly rolled it into the kitchen. Sat it upright. Loaded back onto the 4 wheel dolly again rolled it to its future home and slide it off the dolly and into place. Granted it wasn't easy but it wasn't as hard has some thought it would be. Its now in place and set up and out of sight. Click image for larger version. 

Awesome Bronc!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 22,457 Times in 7,925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post

Excellent! Glad to hear it was not as awful to move as you feared. That has been a BIG concern of mine when I break down and take the plunge.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-25-2020),MountainGirl (03-26-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Excellent! Glad to hear it was not as awful to move as you feared. That has been a BIG concern of mine when I break down and take the plunge.
    It was hard but its one of those things that you can bust your back or you can stop and think how can I make this work easier. Years ago Dad and I traveled around the country and installed church furniture. Sometimes we encounter 26' pews. If I remember correctly that was the longest without a splice. We had to assemble them upside down on saw horses. Then we flipped them as we took them off. I was a runt and we could out due most crews. Its not always sure force sometimes you use brain power.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-25-2020),Innkeeper (03-25-2020),Inor (03-25-2020),MountainGirl (03-26-2020),Sparkyprep (03-25-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Looks like it's a good size, how many does it hold?
    dramey82

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ken View Post
    Looks like it's a good size, how many does it hold?
    Supposedly 40 but most of the time that is over rated. I guess under the right circumstances and the right type of guns and no scopes etc it might make capacity. I only keep about a dozen locked up at a time so there is plenty of room for other things. It does have 6 or so handgun hangers already installed on the inside of the door along with zipped pouches that work good for magazines.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Big Ken (03-26-2020),hawgrider (03-26-2020),Innkeeper (03-26-2020),MountainGirl (03-26-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 723 Posts
    Best advice I can give is make sure it's bolted down securely. I wish safe manufacturers would stop over rating their safes, there is no way I'd ever get 48 guns in my safe and once you start sticking scoped rifles in there all bets are off.
    Custom Leather goods, check out the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/StuMillerLeatherWorks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infidel For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-26-2020),hawgrider (03-26-2020),Innkeeper (03-26-2020),Sparkyprep (03-26-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123