Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Doctors, Guns and You

  1. #21
    VIP Member! A Watchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    1,620

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    3,593
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Only one of my docs ask about firearms and he asks so that he can start talking about his latest purchase. It’s usually a Glock. How anyone can buy more than one Glock is beyond me.
    Or even the first one.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

    rice paddy daddy (02-19-2020),Ricekila (02-17-2020)

  3. #22
    VIP Member! MountainGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Peaceful Mountain
    Posts
    2,150

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    5,875
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 1,555 Posts
    On a related information gathering note -
    Talking w/receptionist at that appointment w/mom 4 years ago in ID - she told me they were really swamped busy because they had to go through and digitize all the old (paper) records of current patients, etc, and when I suggested that might help with efficiency - she leaned in and said yes - but they are also required now to upload all the patient info to a central databank. She said the clinic's doctor owners fought that hard, but gave in when they were told if they want to continue to accept Medicare patients they had no choice.
    So, there ya go. Big brother abounds.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

    Innkeeper (02-17-2020),juskom95 (02-17-2020),Ricekila (02-17-2020),Sparkyprep (02-17-2020)

  5. #23
    Found juskom95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    7,246

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    15,868
    Thanked 12,658 Times in 5,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    On a related information gathering note -
    Talking w/receptionist at that appointment w/mom 4 years ago in ID - she told me they were really swamped busy because they had to go through and digitize all the old (paper) records of current patients, etc, and when I suggested that might help with efficiency - she leaned in and said yes - but they are also required now to upload all the patient info to a central databank. She said the clinic's doctor owners fought that hard, but gave in when they were told if they want to continue to accept Medicare patients they had no choice.
    So, there ya go. Big brother abounds.
    I know that part of ObamaCare was creation of EMR systems and state databases which house all of our medical records, which then tie into the federal database.

    The only good side is they run with government efficiency, which means they were built by the lowest corrupt bidder, none of them talk correctly and the records are universally a mess.
    "Every personís life is theirs by right. An individualís life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a manís throat and dictate how he must live his life."



    COFFEE!

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

    Innkeeper (02-17-2020),Mister Mills (02-18-2020),MountainGirl (02-18-2020),Ricekila (02-17-2020)

  7. #24
    VIP Member! Ricekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lawnguyland N.Y.
    Posts
    4,611

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    15,927
    Thanked 9,384 Times in 3,655 Posts
    The beginning of every year I get asked the question -- "Do you have access to weapons" ?

    "Yes -- I have carving knives - baseball bats - garden tools - razor blades - cars - ball point pens - rocks & sticks"

    "Come on --- you know what I mean"

    "No I dont ----- ya-wanna be more specific"

    "Guns ---- do you have guns"

    ( sitting there with my NRA on )

    "NO" !

    Dr. walks in and we start talking about how he did the last time he had some range time --

    I go to my Urologist -- the one with the Texas accent --- He shows me his PPQ & I show him my LC-9

    When I go back I check to make sure my answer wasnt changed --

    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

    And Epstein didn't kill himself

    Μολών Λaβέ

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

    Innkeeper (02-17-2020),MountainGirl (02-18-2020),Slippy (02-18-2020)

  9. #25
    Evangelist Back Pack Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    AWOL
    Posts
    617

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
    The beginning of every year I get asked the question -- "Do you have access to weapons" ?

    "Yes -- I have carving knives - baseball bats - garden tools - razor blades - cars - ball point pens - rocks & sticks"

    "Come on --- you know what I mean"

    "No I dont ----- ya-wanna be more specific"

    "Guns ---- do you have guns"

    ( sitting there with my NRA on )

    "NO" !
    ...........-
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page: Back Pack Hack

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Back Pack Hack For This Useful Post:

    juskom95 (02-18-2020),Ricekila (02-18-2020)

  11. #26
    Verbal Diarrhea Mister Mills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Lighter Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    2,886

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    3,947
    Thanked 3,846 Times in 2,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    I know that part of ObamaCare was creation of EMR systems and state databases which house all of our medical records, which then tie into the federal database.

    The only good side is they run with government efficiency, which means they were built by the lowest corrupt bidder, none of them talk correctly and the records are universally a mess.
    It is a good thing that the government makes a mess out of some things. And you know, the government is a mess, and that is even better.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

    juskom95 (02-18-2020),MountainGirl (02-18-2020),Ricekila (02-18-2020)

  13. #27
    Found juskom95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    7,246

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    15,868
    Thanked 12,658 Times in 5,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    It is a good thing that the government makes a mess out of some things. And you know, the government is a mess, and that is even better.
    After seeing the implementation of those databases . . . the information is there (which is bad) but no one can actually retrieve it with any efficiency or reliability.
    "Every personís life is theirs by right. An individualís life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a manís throat and dictate how he must live his life."



    COFFEE!

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

    Innkeeper (02-18-2020),Mister Mills (02-19-2020),MountainGirl (02-18-2020)

  15. #28
    VIP Member! StratMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Medford Oregon
    Posts
    3,295

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    5,212
    Thanked 6,621 Times in 2,622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Only one of my docs ask about firearms and he asks so that he can start talking about his latest purchase. Itís usually a Glock. How anyone can buy more than one Glock is beyond me.
    I have three Glocks. Had four, but traded one for a pickup back when you could do that sort of thing. Anyway, regular folks used to be able to buy and sell personal forearms with none of the hassles today... just meet up in a parking lot and make a deal. When I could get a firearm in such a manner, I would if a really good deal. Some were Glocks. Swap out that bad "captured" recoil spring assembly for a 3 piece non-captured Wolff assembly, and they run just fine and reliably for me. And I have other choices in the toolbox as well of course.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

  16. #29
    Zealot Innkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Middle Finger of Michigan
    Posts
    2,304

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    12,500
    Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Or even the first one.
    I have 2 they are both .45 and run as well and reliable as my S&W's, Rugers, Kimber's , Sig's and Springfield's. Hell they are both made in the U.S.. that is the great thing about our fine country flavors for everyone. I learned long ago not to turn my nose up at a quality tool even if it is not my brand of tool, heck the Springfield SD is a good pistol but I would never buy one they don't fit my hand well, now my Springfield 1911 fits perfect.
    Taurus isn't for me but they make great revolvers of which I have fired many.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

    StratMaster (02-18-2020)

  18. #30
    Verbal Diarrhea Mister Mills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Lighter Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    2,886

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    3,947
    Thanked 3,846 Times in 2,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    After seeing the implementation of those databases . . . the information is there (which is bad) but no one can actually retrieve it with any efficiency or reliability.
    If governments ever start to farm out databases to Oracle, we could be in deep cold water as gun owners. The big dB operators really scare me, and so do the big super-computer makers like IBM.

    Call me paranoid, but there is a lot of potential tracking that could be done there; but things have not advanced far enough I guess. I am sure that it has occurred to some pencil-pushing Mussolini's, just how much power can be wielded by using tactics like that.
    Hamlet and King Lear are two of the best works of literature that there is. And in American elite universities, Shakespeare is being reviled, and that is a new evil.
    America cannot go on being free, when it is always taking the foundations out. If Shakespeare is the enemy, then I am the enemy too, because I love the guys works.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

    juskom95 (02-21-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •