Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never leave the country!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts

Never leave the country!

As most of you know (ad nauseum), I have spent the last 2 weeks in Canada. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to leave behind the ignorance that is the French language!

When I called home last night to say goodnight to Mrs Inor, she informed me that she bought 2 donkeys yesterday. Why I need (or want) 2 donkeys is still a mystery to me. But next Friday, Rosa and Juliette will be joining us at M.T. Acres. I am not sure what we are going to do with them. You cannot eat them. I guess we could ride them, but from what everybody tells me, donkeys are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to ride. So that is a non-starter. I could build a cart for them to pull, but that's why I bought a tractor.

So, do any of you have any idea what I can use them for?
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Broncosfan (02-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    As most of you know (ad nauseum), I have spent the last 2 weeks in Canada. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to leave behind the ignorance that is the French language!

When I called home last night to say goodnight to Mrs Inor, she informed me that she bought 2 donkeys yesterday. Why I need (or want) 2 donkeys is still a mystery to me. But next Friday, Rosa and Juliette will be joining us at M.T. Acres. I am not sure what we are going to do with them. You cannot eat them. I guess we could ride them, but from what everybody tells me, donkeys are EXTREMELY uncomfortable to ride. So that is a non-starter. I could build a cart for them to pull, but that's why I bought a tractor.

No.
    And it was an immense pleasure to say that, I just love being helpful.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Inor (02-14-2020),shootbrownelk (02-15-2020)

Hairy beast AKA Sasquatch KnuteFartne's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,963 Posts
    If we do ever get hit by an EMP or CMA those beasts of burden will be your new tractor.

Other than that I hear they will kill both rattlesnakes and yotes. So win/win for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KnuteFartne For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Broncosfan (02-14-2020),Inor (02-14-2020),MountainGirl (02-14-2020),shootbrownelk (02-15-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts
    This is awesome news!

Donkeys will kick the shit out of coyotes and stomp rattlesnakes.

Now that you have donkeys, get you some goats.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Broncosfan (02-14-2020),hawgrider (02-14-2020),Innkeeper (02-14-2020),Inor (02-14-2020),Sasquatch (02-22-2020),shootbrownelk (02-15-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    now that you have donkeys, get you some goats.
    shut up!!! Just shut the hell up right now!!!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Big Ken (02-14-2020),Broncosfan (02-14-2020),hawgrider (02-14-2020),LivoniaDan (02-14-2020),MountainGirl (02-14-2020),shootbrownelk (02-15-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020),Sparkyprep (02-17-2020),StratBastard (02-22-2020)

Well.... It just so happens donkey are extremely protective of the barn yard and they may actually kill any predators that may try to take out you MOTH or the dogs. They may even be able to protect from snakes but Im not 100 positive on the snake protection but from other predators yes.

There is a shit ton of info on this out there here is a snippet-

Donkeys are naturally aggressive to canines and this behavior will extend itself to their pasture mates. Donkeys are not purposefully protective of stock but are either reacting to a threat in their territory or behaving as a maternal jenny. Donkeys make acceptable guardians of sheep, goats and calves. Often the sheep or goats come to see the larger donkey as protective and will gather near it if they perceive a threat. Donkeys can protect against a single fox, coyote, roaming dog and possibly a bobcat.

Donkeys who do attack a predator will be very aggressive, using their teeth and hooves. They may bray loudly. They will charge the threat and attempt to chase it away. If they confront the predator, they will attempt to bite at the neck, back, chest or buttocks. They may slash out with their hooves or turn and kick the predator. Experienced owners strongly suggest you do not attempt to stop a donkey that is charging or attacking and that afterwards, you allow the donkey to calm down before approaching it.
    https://www.motherearthnews.com/home...onkey-zbcz1310
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Inor (02-14-2020),MountainGirl (02-14-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

hahahaha!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Baglady (02-14-2020),Inor (02-14-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020),StratBastard (02-22-2020)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts

Most folks use them for predator control with their cows and horses, against coyotes, Bobcats, etc. They generally do not tolerate dogs, and will chase and attack them. Our Mules were no different. So, given that you have 4 legged family members, I don't know what you will do with them either.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-14-2020),Inor (02-15-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Have you thought of renaming them AOC and Nancy?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-14-2020),Inor (02-15-2020),MountainGirl (02-14-2020),Slippy (02-14-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Sheep, pigs, chickens.......

"Old McInor had a farm,
    E, I, E, I, O!"
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (02-14-2020),Innkeeper (02-14-2020),Inor (02-15-2020),Sparkyprep (02-17-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast