Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Temptation to Witchcraft, its all bad

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,273 Times in 4,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Your point is right, but the magicians did the miracles, and not God. The Almighty has His ways and the Devil has been given power; but it is a suckers bet to believe that power.

Evil loses in the end, because it cannot win. There seems to have been people in Egypt who did not buy into Pharaoh's schemes, like the midwives who would not kill the Jewish baby boys. They were blessed because of that.

When God finally dealt with Pharaoh in the Red Sea, it was as deadly a use of force, as an atomic bomb would have been. The Lord did not mess around.

To reiterate what I said, he fell for the sucker bait that was offered by God. He never once stood a prayer.
    This is kind of like the old automotive question: does the coil or the spark plug make the spark?? (An old argument when I was a teenager, hopping up 327's, 350's, 302's, etc.)

Yes, . . . I'll never argue that the magicians did not have a hand in the "magic" they produced. I will only reiterate that if God had chosen not to allow it to happen, . . . it would not have happened. He allowed it as it served His purpose, . . . toward the end of the Red Sea slamming back together with the Egyptians in the middle.

So did He make it happen? No, . . . He only allowed it. And if we had a playbook of the things the magicians had done up until that point, . . . my guess is it would have been a steady progression of events to where they actually began to believe that they "had the power". Once the red sea closed on Pharaoh, . . . we never hear of it again, . . . with the minor exception of the witch of Endor.

The other story that shows to me what little power the sorcerer's or witches actually had was the one of Simon in the book of Acts.

Acts 8:9-11 (KJV)
    9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
    10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
    11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

We have a story that seems that he had some "great powers", . . . until this:

Acts 8:18-19 (KJV)
    18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
    19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

He was so taken back by a simple change in a person's life, . . . being born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, . . . that he radically considered it to be "bigger magic" than his sorcery, . . . and was willing to pay what may have been a substantial sum to obtain "this power".

I've always figured him for a charlatan, . . . much like our magic shows we see today, . . . nothing more than illusion, . . . until he bounced up against the real power of the Holy Spirit.

But no matter how it did indeed play out in the past, . . . today there is no documented occurrences of magic, . . . only illusion, . . . and again, . . . if there really were any solid ground on which it could stand, . . . it would be on commercials on TV, . . . with the 3 easy monthly installments to get your "magic" performed for you.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

hag (03-15-2020),Mister Mills (08-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    This is kind of like the old automotive question: does the coil or the spark plug make the spark?? (An old argument when I was a teenager, hopping up 327's, 350's, 302's, etc.)

Yes, . . . I'll never argue that the magicians did not have a hand in the "magic" they produced. I will only reiterate that if God had chosen not to allow it to happen, . . . it would not have happened. He allowed it as it served His purpose, . . . toward the end of the Red Sea slamming back together with the Egyptians in the middle.

So did He make it happen? No, . . . He only allowed it. And if we had a playbook of the things the magicians had done up until that point, . . . my guess is it would have been a steady progression of events to where they actually began to believe that they "had the power". Once the red sea closed on Pharaoh, . . . we never hear of it again, . . . with the minor exception of the witch of Endor.

The other story that shows to me what little power the sorcerer's or witches actually had was the one of Simon in the book of Acts.

Acts 8:9-11 (KJV)
    9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
    10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
    11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

We have a story that seems that he had some "great powers", . . . until this:

Acts 8:18-19 (KJV)
    18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
    19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

He was so taken back by a simple change in a person's life, . . . being born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, . . . that he radically considered it to be "bigger magic" than his sorcery, . . . and was willing to pay what may have been a substantial sum to obtain "this power".

I've always figured him for a charlatan, . . . much like our magic shows we see today, . . . nothing more than illusion, . . . until he bounced up against the real power of the Holy Spirit.

But no matter how it did indeed play out in the past, . . . today there is no documented occurrences of magic, . . . only illusion, . . . and again, . . . if there really were any solid ground on which it could stand, . . . it would be on commercials on TV, . . . with the 3 easy monthly installments to get your "magic" performed for you.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    The witch of Endor called up the spirit of Samuel, who rebuked King Saul, and she was terrified when she saw who appeared. She accused Saul of setting her up, and Saul told her she would be OK. It was the death penalty to be a witch, as you know by your study. Samuel told Saul that he was a as good as dead, and would shortly join him, in Sheol. It was real magic that she used, it was the power of Satan.

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

Simon the Sorcerer was the real thing too, but he bumped up against Peter, who put the hammer down. Simon was a fool who thought that Mammon was God. He was a nominal follower if he ever followed the Apostle's, or Christ. And, I don't think that we will be seeing him amongst the saints in heaven. (I am writing this from recollection, and I am rusty. I may get small things wrong.)

“He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Simon the Sorcerer was the real thing too, but he bumped up against Peter, who put the hammer down. Simon was a fool who thought that Mammon was God. He was a nominal follower if he ever followed the Apostle's, or Christ. And, I don't think that we will be seeing him amongst the saints in heaven. (I am writing this from recollection, and I am rusty. I may get small things wrong.)

You are doing fine, Mister Mills . . . recollection is well under the line of dementia and that other disease . . . I forget it's name.

I'm just one of those guys who will analyze a piece to death . . . trying to squeeze the last bit of information out of it.

Question: why are not witches prominently displayed in the stock market . . . why are they not bond traders . . . silver and gold dealers . . . OR . . . why have they not set up shop next door to the divorce attorney offices . . . if the attorney can't get it done for $1500 . . . Hazel can for $2500???

The answer obviously is that while there have been some serious . . . and I emphasize the word . . . SERIOUS . . . magic done in the past . . . I've always thought that it was done like we boil tea water on the stove . . . it was a controlled environment . . . and God most definitely had it under control . . . and keeps it under control.

For HIS PURPOSES . . . he boils the tea water every now and then . . . but does not give anyone a full fledged license for practice.

I really believe he uses it more than anything else . . . to taunt Satan . . . "Hey, Big Boy, . . . try another one of your tricks out there . . . might work this time . . . (chuckle . . . chuckle)". AND God does let some of them go thru . . . knowing full well in advance that He will cut it off when the need arises.

Pharaoh's magicians did their thing with the snakes and ol pharaoh was pleased . . . but they were useless when the Red sea started coming back together.

Ol King Nebuchadnezzer was ready to burn the whole lot of them . . . they couldn't help him with his dream . . . dreams ought to be kids stuff for a serious magician.

And there are many other examples . . . but I think you see my understanding.

May God bless,
    Dwight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (08-16-2020)

Witchcraft, sorcery and magic are essentially the same thing, and all practitioners of the black arts have the Devil as their father. It is wickedness, and it is where America is headed now. When this nation threw Christ out of the door, then the Devil walked in. He is here and he is in ascendance. And America is in for some really bad times IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    You are doing fine, Mister Mills . . . recollection is well under the line of dementia and that other disease . . . I forget it's name.

I'm just one of those guys who will analyze a piece to death . . . trying to squeeze the last bit of information out of it.

Question: why are not witches prominently displayed in the stock market . . . why are they not bond traders . . . silver and gold dealers . . . OR . . . why have they not set up shop next door to the divorce attorney offices . . . if the attorney can't get it done for $1500 . . . Hazel can for $2500???

The answer obviously is that while there have been some serious . . . and I emphasize the word . . . SERIOUS . . . magic done in the past . . . I've always thought that it was done like we boil tea water on the stove . . . it was a controlled environment . . . and God most definitely had it under control . . . and keeps it under control.

For HIS PURPOSES . . . he boils the tea water every now and then . . . but does not give anyone a full fledged license for practice.

I really believe he uses it more than anything else . . . to taunt Satan . . . "Hey, Big Boy, . . . try another one of your tricks out there . . . might work this time . . . (chuckle . . . chuckle)". AND God does let some of them go thru . . . knowing full well in advance that He will cut it off when the need arises.

Pharaoh's magicians did their thing with the snakes and ol pharaoh was pleased . . . but they were useless when the Red sea started coming back together.

Ol King Nebuchadnezzer was ready to burn the whole lot of them . . . they couldn't help him with his dream . . . dreams ought to be kids stuff for a serious magician.

And there are many other examples . . . but I think you see my understanding.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    PS: that is a good post, and well thought out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (08-17-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Witchcraft, sorcery and magic are essentially the same thing, and all practitioners of the black arts have the Devil as their father. It is wickedness, and it is where America is headed now. When this nation threw Christ out of the door, then the Devil walked in. He is here and he is in ascendance. And America is in for some really bad times IMHO.

Unfortunately the only response to that statement of yours is "yeah . . . you are perfectly correct".

As a young Christian reading the prophesies . . . I was thrilled to see them made for Israel . . . and Israel come thru on them . . . after of course they got their posterior handed to them by the previous bad guys.

Then I found out that the USA and Israel were great allies . . . liked it eve more.

Then I noticed that there did not seem to be any help coming from the USA in the final prophesies . . . Israel is on her own . . .

Only makes one conclusion possible . . . the USA is taken out . . . or made useless and totally ineffective . . . which is where we are headed just as soon as another Obama / Clinton / Biden or the like takes on the mantle of POTUS.

Exciting to be here as the EOTWAWKI comes to pass . . . see the prophesies unfold . . . but it will be tough times to live in.

Be a prepper . . . and hang on.

May God bless,
    Dwight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (08-17-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12