Thread: Veterans Roll Call

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    I joined the US Coast Guard in 1980 and planned on making a career of it. But due to a training accident I was retired in 1983 as an E4! I really did not ever think I would retire as an E4, I hoped I would make it to at least a Chief Petty Officer. But all in all, I am truly glad I survived my accident and life has been good to me since then. I really feel for all the other vets returning home today with injuries, both physical and mental, and truly thank them for their service.

My job in the USCG was a Telephone Technician, I worked in an ESMT alongside Electronic Techs. We repaired and maintained all the electronics and comm gear, including towers, I had 30', 90' and one 300' towers to maintain.
    Now SEE! Smart guy here...it was only AFTER I had been a Marine for a few years that I WISHED I had joined the CG! Thanks for your service!
    “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” G.S. Patton

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Montgomery For This Useful Post:

oldmurph58 (06-12-2014)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    Now SEE! Smart guy here...it was only AFTER I had been a Marine for a few years that I WISHED I had joined the CG! Thanks for your service!
    Thanks for your service as well! The CG was a great choice for me, I love boats and law enforcement, so it was the best of two.