Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the Mods --

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Keeping the lights on. 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Can you imagine how these psychos would act if the lights went out?
    I shit you not we lost power tonight and the bank Atm was not working and my daughter could not get the gas pumps to work with her card. Power is back just now but a big section went down with no wind no storm a tiny bit of rain. It was not looking good at all.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-19-2020),Broncosfan (03-18-2020),hag (03-18-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),MountainGirl (03-18-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020),Sparkyprep (03-18-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I shit you not we lost power tonight and the bank Atm was not working and my daughter could not get the gas pumps to work with her card. Power is back just now but a big section went down with no wind no storm a tiny bit of rain. It was not looking good at all.
    I'm no computer wiz but I was wondering if the internet could hold up to all the kids online as well as everyone working from home now. That would be a disaster!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-19-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    I'm no computer wiz but I was wondering if the internet could hold up to all the kids online as well as everyone working from home now. That would be a disaster!
    Yeah there goes communication. Maybe I do need a ham radio
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-19-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,541 Times in 6,094 Posts
    Where are your filled gas cans ?

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-19-2020),hawgrider (03-18-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Yeah there goes communication. Maybe I do need a ham radio
    along with banking everything nowadays needs the internet. Talk about going into the dark ages quick

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-19-2020),hag (03-18-2020),hawgrider (03-18-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),MountainGirl (03-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
    Where are your filled gas cans ?
    Mine are full but my daughter who lives behind me needed some for her generator as the stinkin power went out here at around 5 pm

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-18-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020)

along with banking everything nowadays needs the internet. Talk about going into the dark ages quick
    I don't keep any money in the bank. My payroll deposit hits the bank and we take it out since the grid blackout of 2003 I do not like being told I can't have my money period. I bury mine in my septic tank.
    Last edited by hawgrider; 03-18-2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Don't

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-18-2020),hag (03-18-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),MountainGirl (03-18-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,541 Times in 6,094 Posts
    mine are full but my daughter who lives behind me needed some for her generator as the stinkin power went out here at around 5 pm
    p -- p -- p -- p -- p -- p

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
    p -- p -- p -- p -- p -- p
    Pee pee what? Lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (03-18-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,352 Times in 5,125 Posts
    I am and it cant.
    Lemme rephrase.
    "Computer wiz" I aint.
    BUT, late hubby & I designed/built infrastructure systems... and even with the advance light-speed technology, fiber, 5G etc, it will always be the case that the speed of anything is governed by the slowest 'component' in the path to the end-user - including the end-user's device - and I doubt many hard-wired PCs are hooked to fiber. Wireless? 5G might make 4G look like dial-up...but if the user doesn't have a 5G device then it wont matter. 3G and 4G are on different wave-lengths (3G is being phased out by the big TelComs) and both are still constrained by bandwidth availability.

THAT SAID: Isn't this just a wonderful opportunity for the Government to step in and upgrade EVERYONE! to the highest speeds so they can monitor.. oops, I mean so that WE can fully utilize all the wonderful things that are out there online! (Telehealth, telelearning, etc...) We never have to unplug!! Pfffft.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-18-2020),hag (03-19-2020),Innkeeper (03-19-2020),Ricekila (03-18-2020)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast