Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mnuchin warns lockdown could last until June

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,352 Times in 5,125 Posts

Mnuchin warns lockdown could last until June

"Coronavirus lockdown could last 10-12 WEEKS: Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin warns millions may have to stay home until June in to slow the spread as he nears deal that will pump $1TRILLION into the economy and give families $3K each.."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cial-says.html

They started out saying it will be a couple weeks and we might have to renew that - now they're saying 3 months and we might have to renew that...

And it just keeps comin.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-22-2020),juskom95 (03-22-2020),MI.oldguy (03-23-2020),shootbrownelk (03-22-2020),StratBastard (03-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    "Coronavirus lockdown could last 10-12 WEEKS: Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin warns millions may have to stay home until June in to slow the spread as he nears deal that will pump $1TRILLION into the economy and give families $3K each.."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cial-says.html

They started out saying it will be a couple weeks and we might have to renew that - now they're saying 3 months and we might have to renew that...

And it just keeps comin.
    So then, nobody knows, but government representatives can’t say that, but they have to give the public hope, no matter how hollow it is....

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rstanek For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-22-2020),Innkeeper (03-22-2020),MountainGirl (03-22-2020),shootbrownelk (03-22-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    So then, nobody knows, but government representatives can’t say that, but they have to give the public hope, no matter how hollow it is....
    Considering how easy the public panics . . . . we're screwed!
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-22-2020),Innkeeper (03-22-2020),MountainGirl (03-22-2020),Prepared One (03-27-2020),shootbrownelk (03-22-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    My personal opinion, based only on everything I've seen/read, is that they (Trump & team) have known the scale of what is coming for a long time, and how long it will last (12 months or more). There is no way they could have released that information last January, revealing what it will take for the country to get through this: it would have caused either total panic - or total disbelief. This had to be handled in small increased-in-intensity steps (publicly) all the while working behind the scenes, since January, for the large scale effort that would be needed.

So, over the last 4 weeks -
    First came the requests for 'social distancing', please avoid large crowds, etc
    Second, restricting occupancy/seating of public places
    Then came the closing of bars, restaurants, etc...
    Next came the closing of non-essential businesses..
    Now we're at the 'locking down' phase....
    - all of this when, as of noon today, there were just 420 deaths in the US.

It's so out of proportion, this is no worse than the flu - so why the hype??
    Is this a 'power grab'? Going for our guns? Trying to take Trump down? WTF is going on??
    Of course some of that ^^ is going on; but imo it's just libtards using the crisis; rather than the reason for the fed's actions.

So here's what I think.
    CoVid is some really nasty shit and spreads like wildfire.
    Most of our 330 Million will live, but many will die; possibly 100's of thousands over these next 5-6 months.

And Trump & team knew this by mid-January; and that explains the out-of-proportion public steps... including turning the economy upside down. I'm guessing they believe the economy will recover, in time, and it's worth that pain to save many lives. And, if this clorowhatever treatment works, this could change everything too. But who knows on either. Things will be shut down for a long time (they're just starting to get us used to that idea - with Mnuchin's statement) and it will be hard for small businesses to come back after 6-8-10 months of being shut down.

There's more I could add but this post is long enough.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 03-22-2020 at 10:25 PM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (03-23-2020),Innkeeper (03-22-2020),juskom95 (03-23-2020),MI.oldguy (03-23-2020),rstanek (03-23-2020),StratBastard (03-23-2020)

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 3,902 Posts
    My personal opinion, based only on everything I've seen/read, is that they (Trump & team) have known the scale of what is coming for a long time, and how long it will last (12 months or more). There is no way they could have released that information last January, revealing what it will take for the country to get through this: it would have caused either total panic - or total disbelief. This had to be handled in small increased-in-intensity steps (publicly) all the while working behind the scenes, since January, for the large scale effort that would be needed.

So, over the last 4 weeks -
    First came the requests for 'social distancing', please avoid large crowds, etc
    Second, restricting occupancy/seating of public places
    Then came the closing of bars, restaurants, etc...
    Next came the closing of non-essential businesses..
    Now we're at the 'locking down' phase....
    - all of this when, as of noon today, there were just 420 deaths in the US.

Is this a 'power grab'? Going for our guns? Trying to take Trump down? WTF is going on??
    Of course some of that ^^ is going on; but imo it's just libtards using the crisis; rather than the reason for the fed's actions.

So here's what I think.
    CoVid is some really nasty shit and spreads like wildfire.
    Most of our 330 Million will live, but many will die; possibly 100's of thousands over these next 5-6 months.

And Trump & team knew this by mid-January; and that explains the out-of-proportion public steps... including turning the economy upside down. I'm guessing they believe the economy will recover, in time, and it's worth that pain to save many lives. And, if this clorowhatever treatment works, this could change everything too. But who knows on either. Things will be shut down for a long time (they're just starting to get us used to that idea - with Mnuchin's statement) and it will be hard for small businesses to come back after 6-8-10 months of being shut down.

There's more I could add but this post is long enough.
    Thanks for reading.
    This is about nothing more than the sheep. Think about it. We live amongst idiots. Let that sit in.

COVID19 is nothing more than another strain of the flu. Granted, its new and most don't have an immunity to it but it won't kill most. As with most strains of the flu it will impact the elderly and people with compromised immune systems or preexisting health issues.

We can all agree the rash measures are about overwhelming the healthcare system but....

Why would the healthcare system get overwhelmed from another regular old flu? Because people are idiots.

We've all lived with other flus and when we get them we just call in sick for a week or so and drown ourselves in theraflu. But with this people have been so scared by the media and social media they will run to hospitals at the first sneeze. That is why they (.gov) is using the measures they are using.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sasquatch For This Useful Post:

Inor (03-23-2020),juskom95 (03-23-2020),MountainGirl (03-23-2020),Prepared One (03-27-2020),StratBastard (03-23-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I think it is a particularly bad strain of flu that spreads fast, but it is still the flu. Sure, I'll take the option to work from home, but I'm not paranoid about it.
    Remember, most career bureaucrats are hard core Liberals and are just as foolish.
    . . . it will be hard for small businesses to come back after 6-8-10 months of being shut down.
    Businesses which adjust will survive. Sure, some small businesses can't adjust, but those that can (and do) will find new niches/markets appearing.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (03-23-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    My way has always been to give everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt; sometimes that bit me in the butt - but for everyday life it was happier in my head doing so. My long post above was doing just that; still thinking this was a big enough crisis that drastic measures needed to happen. Now, I'm not so sure... and if I'm wrong - then maybe something far more twisted has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    We've all lived with other flus and when we get them we just call in sick for a week or so and drown ourselves in theraflu. But with this people have been so scared by the media and social media they will run to hospitals at the first sneeze. That is why they (.gov) is using the measures they are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    Remember, most career bureaucrats are hard core Liberals and are just as foolish.
    Those ^^ then, are means to the end of game they want. Quasi-nationalization of the health care system and the delivery of all $$ rescue benefits to the public through .gov rather than private enterprise helping. The deadlock in the Senate reveals this also.

The more twisted thing though, might be this.

Recall initially how Trump came out and said, "Hey, calm down, it's just the flu, etc..." ? What if he was right? ... but then..
    What if the deep state got to him; dems and rino's, including members of his own team, and convinced him that "No, this is bigger, this will kill you politically for failing to act and more importantly it will kill millions of Americans, the economy, and maybe America itself if we dont take drastic actions and fast!!"

Is that ^^ possible, do you think?
    Was Trump's initial instinct overpowered through malicious deception and lies?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Is that ^^ possible, do you think?
    Was Trump's initial instinct overpowered through malicious deception and lies?
    My opinion is that this is a nastier strain of flu than originally thought. The flu can lay someone out even if it won't kill them, so a more infectious flu would have far reaching complications than a normal season.

Even with as little information gets out of China, we know it didn't decimate them, but it also ran through them pretty fast. They are also a Communist country, so it wouldn't surprise me if many of those who tested positive simply disappeared. I believe the CDC, DHS and government in general are keeping a lot of information to avoid a worse panic.

Lastly, there are always those bureaucrats/Politicians who take advantage of times like this. I'm sure the Leftists/Dems are going to try to use this to stuff the ballot boxes in November, not to mention ramming through more fascist legislature.

COFFEE!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (03-26-2020),MountainGirl (03-23-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,276 Times in 4,333 Posts
    From the news we are able to glean, especially from Italy, Iran, and now Spain, . . . this Wuhan flu definitely is something far worse than the normal flu that we see every winter, . . . but I am not convinced it is a full fledged disease able to decimate the population.

It is somewhere in that abyss of the middle of the two extremes of common flu and certain death. The problem is, . . . nobody has been able to put an accurate thumb on just where it lands in that scale between the two.

For that reason I'm in, . . . staying in, . . . and amusing myself with cooking shows and looking at some of the projects I need to get done when (or if) we get some decent weather here in Ohio.

Yes, . . . the president may have gone a bit overboard, . . . many of the state governors as well with their "almost marshal law" orders, . . . but erring on the side of caution is always a good thing.

One of the definitive measuring sticks we will have is "how many elderly will succumb to this virus when their grandchildren come back from the Florida beaches and bring a new infestation wave to their elderly family members??" Scares the heck out of me.

China is right now complaining that the very same thing happened to them when all their foreign sales people were sent home from the other countries, . . . and they brought it back with them.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-27-2020),MI.oldguy (03-23-2020),MountainGirl (03-23-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    My opinion is that this is a nastier strain of flu than originally thought. The flu can lay someone out even if it won't kill them, so a more infectious flu would have far reaching complications than a normal season.

Even with as little information gets out of China, we know it didn't decimate them, but it also ran through them pretty fast. They are also a Communist country, so it wouldn't surprise me if many of those who tested positive simply disappeared. I believe the CDC, DHS and government in general are keeping a lot of information to avoid a worse panic.

Lastly, there are always those bureaucrats/Politicians who take advantage of times like this. I'm sure the Leftists/Dems are going to try to use this to stuff the ballot boxes in November, not to mention ramming through more fascist legislature.
    So...you think, then, that Trump was 'shown the light' - rather than him being right but then manipulated into a different belief? Just trying to understand your thinking.

The reason I'm wondering about this aspect - is after all the Left-Gov's shut down their States, there'll be a LOT of pressure on Trump to lock-down nationwide...and if he was malleable in the beginning...well..

LOL I can see it now. All the blue states are shut down, all the Red states are doing just fine..leaving as much freedom as possible to their people. No wonder Libs want the whole nation totally slammed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast