Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the minds of sheep

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Unless you're usin a can of wasp spray.
    On a prostitute?
    I would hope OSFG would get one that didn't need wasp spray.
    Man, that's harsh!
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Exactly why I keep a few thousand in cash on hand.
    I cannot say that I do that but I always have some spare cash just in case. I don't worry about it too much as I don't plan to spend any cash. We have all of the essentials we would need. I might go out later in the week for a milk run and a few odds and ends but its not necessary as we're always stocked up. I'm a little more aware of my surroundings now no matter where I am. If the security lights come on now I check the cameras or I actually look outside. I think you will start to see some stealing starting soon. Mostly just grab and run stuff becasue they know the sheriff won't come out for minor things. Anyways we're prepared as I think most are that are on this forum.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (03-23-2020),MountainGirl (03-23-2020),Sparkyprep (03-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,352 Times in 5,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    On a prostitute?
    I would hope OSFG would get one that didn't need wasp spray.
    Man, that's harsh!
    Well...they tickle when they crawl on you but man you gotta watch out for those stingers!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,111 Times in 10,467 Posts
    I am thinking the food will start to come back on the shelves in the next week or two. More than half the population is living check to check. Even something like 40% of the people making over $150K per year are living check to check. With reduced hours and salaries (and soon to be layoffs), folks will not have money to buy huge amounts of food (or TP). It is the same reason I do not think there will be runs on the banks beyond what we have seen thus far.

What is really crazy here is when we go to a Dollar General (closer than a grocery store), they have pretty much everything except TP. But Wally World and the grocery store are completely gutted. I am told it is because the Trailer Hens (snowbirds) are going there and buying them out due to the fear that their stores wherever they came from will be empty. I am SO ready for the Trailer Hens to just go away! I know they keep our cost of living cheap and bring some jobs, but damn those people are a pain in the ass!!!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-24-2020),Innkeeper (03-24-2020),juskom95 (03-24-2020),Sparkyprep (03-24-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I am thinking the food will start to come back on the shelves in the next week or two. More than half the population is living check to check. Even something like 40% of the people making over $150K per year are living check to check. With reduced hours and salaries (and soon to be layoffs), folks will not have money to buy huge amounts of food (or TP). It is the same reason I do not think there will be runs on the banks beyond what we have seen thus far.

What is really crazy here is when we go to a Dollar General (closer than a grocery store), they have pretty much everything except TP. But Wally World and the grocery store are completely gutted. I am told it is because the Trailer Hens (snowbirds) are going there and buying them out due to the fear that their stores wherever they came from will be empty. I am SO ready for the Trailer Hens to just go away! I know they keep our cost of living cheap and bring some jobs, but damn those people are a pain in the ass!!!
    I read somewhere that the Tyson CEO said that they were about a week away from getting things back to normal. That was a day or so ago when I seen it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-24-2020),Inor (03-23-2020),MountainGirl (03-23-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Well...they tickle when they crawl on you but man you gotta watch out for those stingers!
    Sooo, when was the last time YOU were stung by a prostitute?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I'm guessing there'll be a run near here tomorrow. Gov of WA just ordered lockdown to start immediately for residents, and business in 48hrs, and is for a minimum of 2 weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Sooo, when was the last time YOU were stung by a prostitute?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Never. I can run fast

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,197 Times in 4,799 Posts
    Blog Entries

I share your sentiment on snow birds.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (03-24-2020),Innkeeper (03-24-2020),Inor (03-24-2020),MountainGirl (03-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    That isn't something I had thought about. Most don't have the cash to bulk buy and didn't plan on it.

Maybe that'll mean some good deals on used guns in a few months?
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (03-24-2020),Inor (03-24-2020),MountainGirl (03-24-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast