Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese-Made Drones Are Monitoring Streets In 20 States

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Yeah I guarantee if the people where I am at see one around their property it will be skeet time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

Inor (04-21-2020),juskom95 (04-20-2020),shootbrownelk (04-20-2020),StratBastard (04-20-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Yeah I guarantee if the people where I am at see one around their property it will be skeet time.

Those things are pretty fragile, wing one of the blades and it will tip over, spinning to the ground.

I mean, if they're not recording anything, how would they know if it was shot down or the blades just broke? It happens on drones.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hag (04-20-2020),Innkeeper (04-20-2020),Inor (04-21-2020),shootbrownelk (04-20-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,262 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    Those things are pretty fragile, wing one of the blades and it will tip over, spinning to the ground.

I mean, if they're not recording anything, how would they know if it was shot down or the blades just broke? It happens on drones.
    Everything built in China breaks prematurely. They put lead in all their products, so American citizens adding some lead to the drones should be A-OK.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Gambit (04-20-2020),Innkeeper (04-20-2020),Inor (04-21-2020),juskom95 (04-20-2020),StratBastard (04-21-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,587 Posts
    I'm not worried about it myself.
    I have no friends, so social distancing is easy.
    Besides, a drone over my backyard would probably get sucked into the engine of an aircraft on Final approach flying over my house.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (04-22-2020),Inor (04-21-2020),juskom95 (04-22-2020),shootbrownelk (04-22-2020),StratBastard (04-21-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post

Around here it would be a good excuse to jump on the four-wheeler and chase the thing back to its owners.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (04-22-2020),shootbrownelk (04-22-2020),StratBastard (04-21-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Around here it would be a good excuse to jump on the four-wheeler and chase the thing back to its owners.
    Those things have significant range/time limitations, so using them in rural areas means someone is going to be nearby to retrieve them.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (04-22-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,262 Times in 5,904 Posts
    If I see any around these parts I'll be able to try out my unfired Remington 20 gauge autoloader, or my unfired BPS 12 gauge.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (04-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    Those things have significant range/time limitations, so using them in rural areas means someone is going to be nearby to retrieve them.
    I wonder what the range is cause they might have to be on my property to operate over my house if it's not too big of a range.... or at least dangerously close and down a dead end road lolol
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    I wonder what the range is cause they might have to be on my property to operate over my house if it's not too big of a range.... or at least dangerously close and down a dead end road lolol
    Here's a commercial drone used for video etc.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...CABEgJRLPD_BwE

It has a stated range of 3 miles, so figure an effective range slightly less than that and a run time of around 30 minutes. These things are fun, but they are very limited in run time and range.

COFFEE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12