Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon, FedEx, Walmart Workers Plan To Walk Out On Friday, Demanding Hazard Pay

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    My daughter is a senior brand marketing manger in a $10 billion dollar APP company in L.A. The whole CORONA virus "crisis" has everyone there working from home as well. They are now having meetings with the CEO and CMO... because their costs have been slashed, and their profits are way UP. THRIVING, is what she told me. They are now reconsidering their entire approach.... realizing that more employees working from home reduces hardware expenditures. Buildings, infrastructure, ect…. This so-called "crisis" has companies re-examining their business models.
    We were already starting to move people off-site to save money/make more money (we lease out our buildings/floors, so less space for company people, more profits from leases) so we had a leg up when all this happened, as the infrastructure was there. Saved our rear really, we were over-built on infrastructure.

For me, my job doesn't change. I never saw my manager but once or twice a week regardless, and I was left to my own devices. The only downside is that HR/Finance is micromanaging every minute, and for IT that is a nightmare.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-30-2020),Innkeeper (04-30-2020),Inor (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Back to work on Monday for me. Bout freakin time!
    Congratulations ol buddy!
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hag For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-30-2020),juskom95 (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Wife went back to work on Friday. She hasn't received one cent in unemployment. Hers had been denied 4 weeks in a row and you cannot get in touch with anyone to find out why. She has sent letters, emails nothing works.
    I didn't use any either. I burned vacation and sicktime.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (04-30-2020),Innkeeper (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    Congratulations ol buddy!
    What's going on at the farm you guys holding up OK?
    I assume the bourbon folks stayed working?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

hag (04-30-2020),Innkeeper (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 Times in 1,559 Posts
    I didn't use any either. I burned vacation and sicktime.
    She doesn't get either

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (04-30-2020),juskom95 (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    She doesn't get either
    None of these systems were even remotely ready for this onslaught, that is hard for those who were suddenly laid off/furloughed/screwed on their jobs.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

What's going on at the farm you guys holding up OK?
    I assume the bourbon folks stayed working?
    Busy both places... I think people drink more when they don't have to be up for work the next morning
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hag For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-30-2020),hawgrider (04-30-2020),Innkeeper (04-30-2020),Inor (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,352 Times in 5,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    This "extra," unemployment money is going to destroy us.

Personally, I would interpret employees walking off as them "quitting," which means they will have a very tough time collecting unemployment. I would make a statement ahead of the 'walk out,' to reflect that. "If you do not show up to work, I will be accepting that as your resignation."
    The States of Iowa and Oklahoma (I think it was) agree with you. Their govs told business that open, if their emps dont return, to notify Labor that they've voluntarily resigned. Exceptions are if the emp is sick, or is a caregiver for someone who is.

The whole reason for the PPP was to keep their workers off Unemployment.
    See how that worked out? Pffft.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    The States of Iowa and Oklahoma (I think it was) agree with you. Their govs told business that open, if their emps dont return, to notify Labor that they've voluntarily resigned. Exceptions are if the emp is sick, or is a caregiver for someone who is.
    Most state laws are pretty similar. This is one reason I like eMail and text messages, a record of the communications.

The whole reason for the PPP was to keep their workers off Unemployment.
    See how that worked out? Pffft.
    Yeah. I would make almost what I'm making right now (under the new guidelines) and I would have tremendously less stress . . .

COFFEE!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (05-01-2020),Inor (04-30-2020),MountainGirl (04-30-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020),StratBastard (04-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    Busy both places... I think people drink more when they don't have to be up for work the next morning
    Yup Ive been sanitizing my throat for 5 weeks straight now.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-30-2020),Innkeeper (05-01-2020),shootbrownelk (04-30-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast