Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Poor Nissin Noodle Cup

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Did anybody watch that new show on I think the History channel....Eating History? These 2 guys are eating stuff from 50+ years ago. You have nothing to worry about with 5 year old noodles. Some of the stuff these guys eat would make a billy goat sick.
    There's some guys on youtube who open up C rats and similar stuff from WWII and the 'Nam era. They brought up some cans from a sunken ship, 130 years old... and while nobody ATE them, tests revealed they could still be eaten. The proteins had degraded, and much of the nutritional value lost, but no pathogens. I still have soup and chili which expired in 2009, and it's still fine. I rotate much of my nearly expiring cans to food banks though, and try and keep it somewhat current.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (05-04-2020),shootbrownelk (05-04-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    Ha, I'll raise ya;
    AuGratin patato mix, expired in '12, made with powdered milk from the freezer, expured '13, and Spam marked '15.

Joe
    Sell by date versus expiration date. When I started stacking my food deeper in my pantry I did quite a bit of reading into those two numbers. If the label is "Best By," or "Sell BY," that isn't an expiration date.

Generally only dairy products and the like are going to have expiration dates.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (05-04-2020),shootbrownelk (05-04-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    LOL - pissin dont excite me; my kind of water sports involve the lake.

So - did you have some 'sanitizer' with your meal? Maybe that nuked the botchulizies out of it.
    8 Nasty Daddie's
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12