Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police State Dry Run a Huge Success

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,020 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe I'm the one playing banjo
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (05-20-2020),shootbrownelk (05-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Listen for banjos.
    I can play a mandolin but not a banjo
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-20-2020),StratBastard (05-20-2020)

And the ten o'clock news announced last night, with much celebration and applauding, the boys and girls club has installed a camera at the entry capable of facial recognition, taking your temperature, and recording when you come and go.

They also have an isolation room in case of a suspected infection.

It be coming, my friends. It be coming in force. They start with the children. Do it for the children. If it saves one child's life, your liberty and privacy are null and void, along with that outdated rag some old guys wrote all over.

Now, I have no problem with them screening the kids. And they sign them in and out anyway.
    But the facial recognition, fed to a data bank accessible by the city government, I have an issue with.

Honestly, I figure the hospital will install something similar, and I actually have no problem with us doing it. Our security is pretty tight, so it only makes sense for us. It would help with clocking in and out, screening employees, etc.

But public entities run by the government? Nope. Bugger that.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-20-2020),Innkeeper (05-20-2020),shootbrownelk (05-20-2020),Slippy (05-21-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    But the facial recognition, fed to a data bank accessible by the city government, I have an issue with.
    That is part of Real.ID and part of the Common Core requirements.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Coastie dad (05-20-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,267 Times in 13,184 Posts
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    That is part of Real.ID and part of the Common Core requirements.
    The DOT gave me crap when I didn't want the new real id, "well you never know when you might have to fly. Or enter a government building". I said "if" i ever have to the government building and the airline will accept my military id for either, so I am good thanks.
    She gave me stink eye the rest of the time lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

Inor (05-20-2020),juskom95 (05-20-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    The DOT gave me crap when I didn't want the new real id, "well you never know when you might have to fly. Or enter a government building". I said "if" i ever have to the government building and the airline will accept my military id for either, so I am good thanks.
    She gave me stink eye the rest of the time lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I got into a pissing match with the gal at the DMV when we moved here over that. We went to get our AZ drivers' licenses and the gal asked if we wanted AZ ID cards too since our drivers' license is not federal compliant. We had done our research prior to going and learned that is is illegal in AZ to have more than one state ID. So we told he "no".

That got the paranoid in me thinking if I ever piss off the state, they could come after me for breaking their 2 ID law. I am wondering of that is what they are setting up? When the state does not have enough control over the people, they need to make more criminals.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (05-20-2020),juskom95 (05-20-2020),Slippy (05-21-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    That got the paranoid in me thinking if I ever piss off the state, they could come after me for breaking their 2 ID law. I am wondering of that is what they are setting up? When the state does not have enough control over the people, they need to make more criminals.
    Nah, give me a book of statutes or a building code book/zoning laws and I can find something to initiate an investigation or charges over, and it just snowballs from there!
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (05-22-2020),Innkeeper (05-20-2020),Inor (05-20-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123