Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 1,341 to 1,345 of 1345

Thread: Brag About Your Dinner

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,595 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Slippy's Famous Pig and Cow Patty Melt Extraordinaire!

1 LB Bacon Thick Cut
    1 LB Ground Pork
    1 LB Ground Beef 80/20
    1 Sweet Vidalia or Texas Onion
    Rye Bread
    Swiss Cheese
    Salt
    Pepper
    Tony Chechere's
    Lemon Pepper Seasoning
    Ketchup/Mustard on side

Pour yourself an adult beverage and begin the Prep Work...

Slice Bacon into 2 Inch Strips and Fry in Cast Iron Skillet at 350 F until Crispy and Delicious. Set aside to cool and collect half of the bacon grease to store for later use.

Combine Ground Pork, Ground Beef and seasoning into approx 6 equal sized patties. Increase temp to 400 F and Depending on skillet size, place patties on bacon grease sizzling skillet for approx 4 minutes to form nice seared crust, 1 flip, another 4 minutes or so and burgers are done.

Slice onion into strips and carmelize. Set aside.

I like to use a clean non stick pan and Butter one side of Rye Bread and add Swiss Cheese, Bacon Pieces, Grilled Onions, Cooked Burger and make yourself a Grilled Cheese/Pork and Beef Sweet Onion Bacon Burger. Ketchup/Mustard for your dipping pleasure!

Wash it down with an adult beverage or 6 of your liking!

Pics will be posted later....Prep work done, waiting on Mrs Slippy to return home from a day of watching her mother.

Bone App-A-Teat you KNUCKLEHEADS!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (04-06-2019),Gambit (04-06-2019),hawgrider (04-06-2019),Innkeeper (04-09-2019),Inor (04-06-2019),RubberDuck (04-06-2019),StratMaster (04-12-2019)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,106 Times in 15,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Slippy's Famous Pig and Cow Patty Melt Extraordinaire!

1 LB Bacon Thick Cut
    1 LB Ground Pork
    1 LB Ground Beef 80/20
    1 Sweet Vidalia or Texas Onion
    Rye Bread
    Swiss Cheese
    Salt
    Pepper
    Tony Chechere's
    Lemon Pepper Seasoning
    Ketchup/Mustard on side

Pour yourself an adult beverage and begin the Prep Work...

Slice Bacon into 2 Inch Strips and Fry in Cast Iron Skillet at 350 F until Crispy and Delicious. Set aside to cool and collect half of the bacon grease to store for later use.

Combine Ground Pork, Ground Beef and seasoning into approx 6 equal sized patties. Increase temp to 400 F and Depending on skillet size, place patties on bacon grease sizzling skillet for approx 4 minutes to form nice seared crust, 1 flip, another 4 minutes or so and burgers are done.

Slice onion into strips and carmelize. Set aside.

I like to use a clean non stick pan and Butter one side of Rye Bread and add Swiss Cheese, Bacon Pieces, Grilled Onions, Cooked Burger and make yourself a Grilled Cheese/Pork and Beef Sweet Onion Bacon Burger. Ketchup/Mustard for your dipping pleasure!

Wash it down with an adult beverage or 6 of your liking!

Pics will be posted later....Prep work done, waiting on Mrs Slippy to return home from a day of watching her mother.

Bone App-A-Teat you KNUCKLEHEADS!
    Quoted for absolute awesomeness!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

RubberDuck (04-06-2019),Slippy (04-06-2019),StratMaster (04-12-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Chicken ala Olive Garden Dressing and Potatoes Au Slippy!

Pour a tall bourbon in a stadium cup and add ice to taste...

2 chicken breasts marinated in store bought Olive Garden Restaurant Salad Dressing
    2 Idaho Baking Potatoes Cut into Cubes
    1/2 Stick Butter
    Sea Salt
    Pepper
    Lemon Pepper Seasoning
    Worcestershire Sauce

Place potatoes in small skillet on upper level of 350 degree grill add butter, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour
    30 minutes into the potatoes, place chicken breasts over foil pie plate filled with lemonaid and cook for 30 minutes. Take potatoes off and keep covered and sear the chicken on the grill 5 minutes per side at 400 degrees.

Place chicken onto foil filled with more Olive Garden Dressing, add salt, pepper and lemon pepper and cook over indirect heat for another 15 minutes at 450.

Crack open a cheap bottle of white wine and enjoy Slippy's famous Chicken and Potatoes! Wash it all down with bourbon!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-12-2019),Inor (04-13-2019),RubberDuck (04-13-2019),StratMaster (04-12-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    OK, the last couple of times I bragged about my dinner, I failed to post pics (drunk maybe? or just old and forgetful?)

Anyhow, today Son1 calls and says he's coming over and bringing sirloin, would I mind fixing them up?

Sure I said, none of us had eaten lunch so we decided for an early dinner...we did some inventory and had red bell peppers, orange bell peppers, zucchinni, asparagus and sweet onions that needed eaten.

Mrs S also has been messing with her Sourdough Starter so she decided to whip up some Sourdough Bread while I prepared some of Slippy's Famous Off the Kabob Sirloin Tips and Asparagus!

I like to use a Cast Iron Skillet for the meat and veggies and prepare each person's meal individually; Mrs S likes Med Well, I like Medium Rare and Son1 likes Rare so here is Mrs S's meal...

Attachment 6477

Of course, bacon grease was used as was a variety of seasonings on the meat and veggies!

The Sourdough was freakin AWESOME! Gluten and my arthritis be damned! Nothing some Bourbon won't cure!!

Attachment 6478

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (04-13-2019),hawgrider (04-13-2019),RubberDuck (04-13-2019),StratMaster (04-13-2019)

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,106 Times in 15,743 Posts
    Mmm kabobs!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Slippy (04-13-2019),StratMaster (04-13-2019)

Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135