Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection Again

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 43,155 Times in 19,022 Posts

Remington Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection Again

Remington’s search for a buyer — lately rumored to include the Navajo Nation — hasn’t gone well and the nation’s oldest gun maker filed for bankruptcy protection for the second time in two years yesterday. This amid the biggest gun-buying boom since, well, maybe forever.

As the Wall Street Journal reports,

The chapter 11 petition in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Decatur, Ala., marks Remington’s second restructuring since 2018, when it filed for chapter 11 and transferred ownership to investors including Franklin Resources Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Remington has been searching for potential buyers and was in talks to sell itself out of bankruptcy to the Navajo Nation before negotiations collapsed in recent weeks, leaving the company without a lead bidder, or stalking horse, in place.

The manufacturer’s firearms and ammunition businesses could be sold off separately,
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...tection-again/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,348 Times in 7,247 Posts
    Blog Entries
    TomE / hunterspirit

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-30-2020),shootbrownelk (07-30-2020)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,246 Times in 3,449 Posts
    You'd think they would have chosen to off some of their crap that wasn't selling these days, and NOT Bushmaster and DPMS products...you know the items that are in high demand and retail prices and more are being paid. AR rifles are a hot item now. Manufacturers can't keep up with demand. Remington's management has sucked for a long time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-30-2020)

Getting rid of the AR type products is nothing but virtue signaling.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (Today),hawgrider (08-01-2020),shootbrownelk (07-31-2020),Slippy (Yesterday)

Super Moderator rice paddy daddy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,324 Posts
    After the way they ruined Marlin Firearms, and totally eliminated H&R and New England Firearms, I kinda hope they go broke.

I do have three Remingtons, the newest being a 1999 Model 870, the oldest being a 1943 US Rifle, 30 Caliber, Model 1903A3.
    Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, American Legion, AMVETS, Sons of the American Revolution

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-01-2020),Innkeeper (08-04-2020),shootbrownelk (07-31-2020),Slippy (Yesterday)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Remington management has done nothing but trash what used to be good firearms for over ten years. I'm not surprised they are going under.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoreAmmoOK For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-01-2020),rice paddy daddy (08-03-2020),shootbrownelk (07-31-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Getting rid of the AR type products is nothing but virtue signaling.
    That could be.
    Another reason is the market is over saturated with cheap AR's.
    This is why Colt quit that market.
    Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, American Legion, AMVETS, Sons of the American Revolution

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,279 Times in 3,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In today's politics, combined with the previous administration's politics, you would have to be really terrible at running your business if you are a firearms manufacturer that can't be profitable.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

rice paddy daddy (08-05-2020),shootbrownelk (Yesterday)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,246 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Dammit. I was at Wallyworld today looking for ammo boxes. Then I spot a Remington 700 ADL in .223 Remington with a scope clearance marked at $149.00. I put a hold on it. I'll probably pay more for the Timney trigger/safety than I will for the rifle. I saw Marlin .22s & Mossberg rifles there priced for more than the 700. I need another .223 like I need another butthole but for $149.00 it was hard to say no. Nobody had keys for the showcase so I couldn't get it today.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-04-2020),Innkeeper (08-04-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    In today's politics, combined with the previous administration's politics, you would have to be really terrible at running your business if you are a firearms manufacturer that can't be profitable.
    Having to pay for union labor will do it, too.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

Slippy (Yesterday)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast