Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,395 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catmeme.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	12486
    My retirement plan is: Civilization will probably crumble before I'm 65 and money will be meaningless anyway.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (09-06-2020),hawgrider (09-05-2020),rice paddy daddy (09-07-2020)

Super Moderator rice paddy daddy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I was taught to stick it in hard, into the belly; and then to rip them with a hard upper pull on the M-16. That is a killing move right there. I can't recall any training of using it in the hand, but it is self-evident, that it is very deadly that way too.

Sent from my U693CL using Tapatalk
    We were trained being completely unarmed against an opponent with a bayonet in his hand, and also with his bayonet attached to his rifle.
    Both standing upright, and laying on the ground with the opponent upright, as in the enemy trying to "finish you off".

Actually, it is easier to fight unarmed against an enemy with his bayonet fixed versus just in his hand.

Armed with a fixed bayonet we learned slash and smash, parry and thrust, vertical buttstroke to the crotch then a thrust to center mass, and others I have long forgotten.
    Using bayonet fighting moves I believe I still could, even age 72, kill someone with a 5 foot hunk of 2X4.

When I was in, the Korean War had only been over for 15 years, the images of hordes of enemy over running your position were still fresh in senior leaders eyes.
    In fact, my company Senior Drill Sergeant was a CIB holder who served in Korea with the 7th Infantry Division - the "Bayonet Division."

I think it is a good skill to learn, if you ever get caught with an empty magazine and no time to change it, a fixed bayonet could very well save the day.

"WHAT IS THE SPIRIT OF THE BAYONET?"
    "To Kill, Drill Sergeant."
    "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!"
    TO KILL, DRILL SERGEANT!!!!"
    Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, American Legion, AMVETS, Sons of the American Revolution

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-07-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12