Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Mirage

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I vote absent voter so I can research the candidates ahead of time.

I drop the ballot off at the township office drop box. My neighbor collects and runs the ballot.

They probably look to see if I voted for them. They are running unopposed again.
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-03-2020),MountainGirl (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,330 Times in 5,120 Posts
    Heard on radio this AM that Trump said to mail in your ballot, then also go show up to vote. If they dont let you vote (cause you already did) then the system is working. They played the clip, it was Trump saying this. Then they said in some states encouraging people to vote twice is a felony. ROFL this is gonna get really good. I need more popcorn.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-03-2020),juskom95 (09-03-2020),Prepared One (09-04-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Heard on radio this AM that Trump said to mail in your ballot, then also go show up to vote. If they dont let you vote (cause you already did) then the system is working. They played the clip, it was Trump saying this. Then they said in some states encouraging people to vote twice is a felony. ROFL this is gonna get really good. I need more popcorn.
    The irony is lost on the Left, that Trump is asking people to test the validity of a system many know/believe is beyond broken.

If I mail in my ballot, and I'm not STOPPED at the polls, something is very wrong.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (09-03-2020),Innkeeper (09-03-2020),MountainGirl (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Say you did that, and that happened.
    Would you vote the second time (in person, risking felony?) because now you're wondering if your mailed-in trump vote got tossed?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-03-2020),juskom95 (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Say you did that, and that happened.
    Would you vote the second time (in person, risking felony?) because now you're wondering if your mailed-in trump vote got tossed?
    If I were to do that, I would probably coordinate with a lawyer ahead of time with the plan to bring a lawsuit against the state/county/city in charge of the polls.

Really, if that is found out, it could be cause to invalidate an election in an area until ALL votes can be counted & verified.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    If I were to do that, I would probably coordinate with a lawyer ahead of time with the plan to bring a lawsuit against the state/county/city in charge of the polls.

Really, if that is found out, it could be cause to invalidate an election in an area until ALL votes can be counted & verified.
    Wonderful. Election results delayed until...now what's that date that the Speaker is sworn in as temp-POTUS? January something?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Wonderful. Election results delayed until...now what's that date that the Speaker is sworn in as temp-POTUS? January something?
    If the options are:

1: Fraudulent mail-in/absentee ballots are counted, Biden wins
    2: Election is delayed and Pelosi becomes temporary President

Which is worse? Neither really. Part of my gut tells me we have been backed into a corner.

COFFEE!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (09-03-2020),MountainGirl (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    If the options are:

1: Fraudulent mail-in/absentee ballots are counted, Biden wins
    2: Election is delayed and Pelosi becomes temporary President

Which is worse? Neither really. Part of my gut tells me we have been backed into a corner.
    If so, BIG mistake on their part. They've never seen a wild creature cornered.

I think it was OSFG who reminded me earlier (about the Gore/Bush fiasco) that the Supreme Court would again take up any lawsuits (and there will be many) post haste - so.. we'll see. If the Court doesn't, and lets this happen.. holy hell will break loose, and that's not hypothetical.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    If so, BIG mistake on their part. They've never seen a wild creature cornered.

I think it was OSFG who reminded me earlier (about the Gore/Bush fiasco) that the Supreme Court would again take up any lawsuits (and there will be many) post haste - so.. we'll see. If the Court doesn't, and lets this happen.. holy hell will break loose, and that's not hypothetical.
    The supreme court didn't actually decide the Gore/Bush election, that is a misconception by most. What SCOTUS actually did was kick the decision back to the state, which under the Constitution is how it is supposed to happen, and the FL Legislature made a decision.

I would have to find the passage, but under the Constitution, each state Legislature controls the electoral vote and even the requirements to vote (with some restrictions).

I think I need to sit down and re-read the WHOLE Constitution again, its not that long.

COFFEE!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (09-03-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The supreme court didn't actually decide the Gore/Bush election, that is a misconception by most. What SCOTUS actually did was kick the decision back to the state, which under the Constitution is how it is supposed to happen, and the FL Legislature made a decision.

Didn't know that, thank you.
    So - wtf is going to happen then with all the inevitable lawsuits from the left states??
    Maybe the SC wont kick them back this time.. but handle them In Toto - to avoid a real crises.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast