Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, there's little or no chance of voter fraud

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    But you had a JOB and paid taxes that is the key take away. Tourists who come to our country pay sales tax but we don't let them vote. I guess I should say if you have a job and pay income tax and social security you have the right to vote. Retired military, senior citizens getting SS can vote because we know they worked for a living.
    But if your a leech on society you should have no vote in how these taxes are used because you are not contributing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My point was, at that time, I didn't have a job because I had saved up enough to get debt free and leave. I get what everyone is saying, but the problem is most of these tactics would overwhelming help the Leftist in their goals.

Let's look at them:

-Property Owners: Most areas only have a few actual property owners who are individuals. That means in a city of 200,000, you might have a VERY small portion (a few hundred) who get to make policy. It also give leverage to the rich to control how votes are passed.

-Income Tax Based: This sounds good until your consider retirees, stay at home parents etc. Sure we can carve out exemptions, but then we get into the same situaiton we're in now.

-Military, LE, EMT, Fire, etc: Unfortunately, LE, EMT, and Fire while they have Conservative values, tend to vote Left because the Left believes in cushy retirements and expanding government. It also means a VERY SMALL portion of our population gets to vote, less than %10 I believe.

Some of these may have worked in the past or if we had kept them (like property ownership) but now, all they would do is grease the slope we're on.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    But as an aside I think they need to do away with contractors that is a waste of money when there are military jobs for all those positions. I was offered a couple contractor jobs but said no, but one was over the fact it was in Baghdad after 2011, and the other only saw me home one weekend every other month.

"Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    But as an aside I think they need to do away with contractors that is a waste of money when there are military jobs for all those positions. I was offered a couple contractor jobs but said no, but one was over the fact it was in Baghdad after 2011, and the other only saw me home one weekend every other month.

I agree. What is really bad is I was doing the same job I did in the Army, as were most of the other vets I knew, some of them were even on the same base they just left. The Army didn't want to promote anyone then (2011 when Obama was gutting the military) but the missions were still going on. I quadrupled my pay and halved my work.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-24-2020)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Yeah that is the problem with contractors and the taxpayers get screwed again.

"Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,213 Posts
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...esting-scheme/

just a bit more grist for the mill

Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,042 Times in 5,248 Posts
    even they fine prove it
    that bitch will stay in office because she is a POC ****
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gambit For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-29-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123