Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, there's little or no chance of voter fraud

Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    What about renters?

Retirees?

I like the idea, but in today's world it isn't practical and would actually HELP the Left.
    Renters nope.
    Retiree's OK All others go buy a lot with house on it.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Renters nope.
    Retiree's OK All others go buy a lot with house on it.
    I think two rules would accomplish more:

-Voter ID
    -To vote you cannot be on SNAP or WIC for six or 12 months prior.

Even better, both can be applied at the state level.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-24-2020)

I think two rules would accomplish more:

-Voter ID
    -To vote you cannot be on SNAP or WIC for six or 12 months prior.

Even better, both can be applied at the state level.
    Lets up the anti and you must not have had any welfare for a decade..... or ever?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-24-2020),juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Lets up the anti and you must not have had any welfare for a decade..... or ever?
    Not ever, because we all get screwed up from time to time. I haven't had to be on it, but I know others who have through no fault of their own; savings only lasts so long.

Honestly, at this point, I would be ecstatic to see widespread voter ID. I have it in my state, but with the mail-in push I'm not so sure what's gonna happen in 2020.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    I still say you have to have a job, because if your not paying taxes you don't have the right to say how they are used.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    I still say you have to have a job, because if your not paying taxes you don't have the right to say how they are used.

What about property taxes?
    What about sales taxes?

When I took a break after Afghanistan, I had enough to sit on my rear for four+ months, but I was still paying both.

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,213 Posts
    I'm a believer in starship troopers. Serve in a hazardous occupation for 5 years (Fire, EMS, LE, Corrections, Military, ) you get to vote and be Citizens. All Else sin loi

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-24-2020),juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    What about property taxes?
    What about sales taxes?

When I took a break after Afghanistan, I had enough to sit on my rear for four+ months, but I was still paying both.
    Military and retired military speaks for itself

"Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Military and retired military speaks for itself

I was a civilian contractor who took a break. Plenty of others were on that contract with ZERO military experience.

That is the problem with these blanket statements, we live in a world that is more grey than anything else.

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I was a civilian contractor who took a break. Plenty of others were on that contract with ZERO military experience.

That is the problem with these blanket statements, we live in a world that is more grey than anything else.
    But you had a JOB and paid taxes that is the key take away. Tourists who come to our country pay sales tax but we don't let them vote. I guess I should say if you have a job and pay income tax and social security you have the right to vote. Retired military, senior citizens getting SS can vote because we know they worked for a living.
    But if your a leech on society you should have no vote in how these taxes are used because you are not contributing.

George Washington

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (09-24-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast