Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RYO (Roll your own smokes)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 679 Posts
    Would only say His sense of humor it much funnier than our own while leaving out all the additional dangling participles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigwheel For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-09-2021)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Great story. I got started huffing on my Grand Daddys Unfiltered Chesterfields at age 4..and hand rolled bull durham if he was in the shorts. I have quit a bunch of times for years sometimes...and it might work to quit permanent if we run out of beer and coffee. I just got to have one with those. lol. The longest I ever stayed quit I did it with the help of Copenhagen Snuff. Now that can load up some nicotine and much cheaper than a patch..or used to be. Biden is stamping out all the fun. Hes making menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars illegal is the rumor using an executive order and is trying to raise the price of pipe tobacco which has a big tax loophole and what all the RYO folks use..near the same price as Store bought smokes. Its just not fair. I may move to Coasta Rikka and look for a Ticca.https://www.globalseducer.com/costa-rican-girls/

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,187 Times in 4,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I been doing it on an off since the 70s. Highly intense past 18 months or so since my pack a day Marlboros are 7 bucks and change. That drops below a buck when you make em yourself. Anybody who dont smoke or quits is highly ranked in my book. Holler if anybody is interested in the hobby and wants to chat
    Honestly . . . 1st Saturday of August . . . 1985 . . . smoked my last one . . . Winston . . . hour or so later threw the rest of that $1.25 pack out the window . . . was 19 in it. Don't miss it one bit.

But you have not fully graduated to the high seats of "roll your own" until you can take the little white cloth bag of Buffalo or Bull Durham out of the left breast pocket with your left hand . . . lick your right thumb and slide a paper off the pack with it . . . while you grab the bag in your teeth . . . and pull it open with your teeth and your left hand.

At that same time . . . you wrap the end of that paper around the first digit of your right hand . . . and holding it with the thumb and middle finger . . . like a little pig trough . . . pour the "bakker" into it from the bag . . . with the left hand.

You then grab one yellow string in your teeth . . . the other with your left hand . . . close the bag and put it back in the left breast pocket of that red and black flannel shirt you wear.

Bring up the left hand . . . grab the end of the paper . . . tap it a bit to make it even from end to end . . . lick the edge of the paper . . . seal it with you left forefinger on top . . . thumb and middle finger at 4 and 8 position . . . roll the end closed with your right hand . . . pop it between your lips . . . and with the left hand . . . strike an Ohio Blue Tip match on your britches butt . . . and light the thing.

Do this all while holding a conversation in something less than 10 seconds . . .

THEN . . . you have become a top rung "roll yer own" aficionado.

(I was never that good . . . but lots of folks in Carter County, Ky. were . . . was fun watching them)

May God bless,
    Dwight

PS: and that was back when it was a nickel a bag . . . lol
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (05-10-2021),BucketBack (05-09-2021),inceptor (05-09-2021),shootbrownelk (05-09-2021)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Having been stuck on midnights way too much while trying intensely to quit. I throwed many packs out the the car window never to see em again and some a-hole would trigger my nerves and I would have to go try to find em again. Its not easy smoking flat ran over cigarettes..but it can be done lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigwheel For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (05-09-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Hell, I'm really good at quittin'... just not at staying quit. My biggest problem is I love tobacco and don't really WANT to quit LOL. But I reconciled that a bit by quitting for as long a period as I could. Once for 5 years, once for 2 years, again for about two years, once for 10 months (that one didn't get off the runway), and most recently 2 years again. I stopped telling people I quit, and started saying I'm cutting back for now... cutting back to zero. I'm smoking about 12 a day currently. I never carry them with me, which helps some. When I'm away from my desk, I don't smoke.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (05-10-2021),hawgrider (05-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Hell, I'm really good at quittin'... just not at staying quit. My biggest problem is I love tobacco and don't really WANT to quit LOL. But I reconciled that a bit by quitting for as long a period as I could. Once for 5 years, once for 2 years, again for about two years, once for 10 months (that one didn't get off the runway), and most recently 2 years again. I stopped telling people I quit, and started saying I'm cutting back for now... cutting back to zero. I'm smoking about 12 a day currently. I never carry them with me, which helps some. When I'm away from my desk, I don't smoke.
    Yup about 8 a day here unless I'm sipping booze then add 2 or 3.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (05-10-2021),StratBastard (05-10-2021)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Hear you on that. A dear old JP pal got married to a nice Church of Christ lady and had to quit at a fairly elderly age. He told everybody.."You got to quit those things like gettting thrown off a bucking horse." Meaning dont climb back on it again I think. Never heard of him trying to sneak one so it musta worked by golly.

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I have been busy here lately trying to clone menthol cigarettes for my black and lady pals. Rumor is Bidens handlers are going to have him do an executive order to make em illegal. That should make the entire hood go up in flames of peaceful protests and turn alllinto Trump voters in 2024. The general game plan is top serect lol. Sorry...loose lips sinks ships as Uncle Doug MacArthur said a few times back during the Big War.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Ok, went back to Medford and got the other half of my preps loaded on a truck. Had the opportunity to go through every bin and box to cull some of it. I found two drums of American Spirit (blue) rolling tobacco. I date perishables, and these were dated 8/12 so about 7 months short of stored 10 years ago. They got mixed up with some other stuff, otherwise I would have used it/rotated it long ago. It was my habit to vacuum seal these drums in a small mylar bag... even though the tin drums are vacuum sealed as well. Opened one up: it seems just fine. I would have thought it would have degraded in some way over a decade, but it's fine.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (01-24-2022),hawgrider (01-24-2022),Inor (01-24-2022),stevekozak (01-27-2022)

Didn't even have to rehydrate it at all thats pretty good 10 years!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (01-25-2022)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast