Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Year Review EGO Battery Powered Lawn Mower-Genius!

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts
    I haven't went as far as a cordless mower but I now have a Dewalt pole saw and hedge cutter combo along with a Dewalt cordless chainsaw. I bought them mostly to help keep the trails cleaned up. I don't use them for hours and hours but there great to throw on the back of the atv when the trails need a little clean up work.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-16-2021),Inor (05-16-2021),shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-16-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    I haven't went as far as a cordless mower but I now have a Dewalt pole saw and hedge cutter combo along with a Dewalt cordless chainsaw. I bought them mostly to help keep the trails cleaned up. I don't use them for hours and hours but there great to throw on the back of the atv when the trails need a little clean up work.
    Totally agree, the power technology in these tools have finally reached acceptable levels. Yes, they are "pricey" but reliability, convenience, and results are there and I'm willing to pay for that.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (05-16-2021),Broncosfan (05-16-2021),Inor (05-16-2021),shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),White Shadow (05-16-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Totally agree, the power technology in these tools have finally reached acceptable levels. Yes, they are "pricey" but reliability, convenience, and results are there and I'm willing to pay for that.
    Yes the tools are getting better. I didn't get the 60 volt chainsaw didn't want the extra weight. Its just so easy to grab the chainsaw and take off on the atv. A fully charged battery makes a lot of limb cuts. I also have a Dewalt grease gun. It heavy but it only takes a few seconds to grease the tractor to implements. Hit the button and move on.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Inor (05-16-2021),shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-16-2021)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 679 Posts
    I tried to say I have an Ego brand weed eater that works but but gives me a back ache from being back heavy but looks like somebody in charge didnt like it. Now I cant see it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigwheel For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-20-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Yes the tools are getting better. I didn't get the 60 volt chainsaw didn't want the extra weight. Its just so easy to grab the chainsaw and take off on the atv. A fully charged battery makes a lot of limb cuts. I also have a Dewalt grease gun. It heavy but it only takes a few seconds to grease the tractor to implements. Hit the button and move on.
    A power grease gun?!?! That is hilarious! I have not quite yet reached that level of sloth although I am trying. I commend you for making the final push to the promised land! (My grease gun is still the old hand-pump job.)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-17-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    A power grease gun?!?! That is hilarious! I have not quite yet reached that level of sloth although I am trying. I commend you for making the final push to the promised land! (My grease gun is still the old hand-pump job.)
    I bought it because using a regular grease gun can be a pain in the a**. I have found many times that I need to hold the grease gun hose onto the fitting becasue the fitting leaks at the connection. Then try to pump the handle with one hand can be a challenge. So with the Dewalt grease gun you can hold the hose on the fitting with one hand and use your other hand to hold the gun and squeeze the trigger. The Dewalt is heavy but it even comes with a carry strap which I don't use.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greasegun.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	14721

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-17-2021),Inor (05-16-2021),shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-17-2021),Sparkyprep (05-19-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As someone who just uncovered my lawn / weeds system. Electric looks good
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (05-20-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I bought it because using a regular grease gun can be a pain in the a**. I have found many times that I need to hold the grease gun hose onto the fitting becasue the fitting leaks at the connection. Then try to pump the handle with one hand can be a challenge. So with the Dewalt grease gun you can hold the hose on the fitting with one hand and use your other hand to hold the gun and squeeze the trigger. The Dewalt is heavy but it even comes with a carry strap which I don't use.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greasegun.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	14721
    We use that exact model at work all the time. Some of our motors take 1-2 entire tubes of grease to fully grease the lower bearings.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (05-19-2021),Inor (05-20-2021),shootbrownelk (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-20-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,259 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I checked it out a little. Looks like the batteries have a 3 year warranty. I suspect yours will last significantly longer with the way you are using it. Batteries cost about $350 at Lowes. Probably source cheaper elsewhere. If I had a really small yard, I would consider one just to not have to mess with gasoline, carburetors, and exhaust fumes. Also, the older I get, the less yanking on a starter rope appeals to me.
    I hope for Ford's sake the new F-150 "Lightning" electric 4WD wonder truck's batteries last longer than 3 years. If a lawnmower's battery costs $350.00 I can't imagine what that Ford's battery/batteries cost. I have a Home depot Rigid power tool set and the replacement batteries were advertised as being free for life. Yeah, Right. I got the run around from them for months and months before they told me they "discontinued" that warranty, how nice and convenient for them. They said I should contact Rigid about the batteries. In other words...go F**K yourself.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (05-20-2021),Inor (05-20-2021),Slippy (05-20-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12