Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August Lockdowns All But A Done Deal

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    People have proven themselves so easy to control.....
    I think people are at their limit though. Another lockdown might not go over as easily in flyover country as it did the first time.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (08-03-2021),hawgrider (08-01-2021),MountainGirl (08-03-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,336 Times in 4,829 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    I think people are at their limit though. Another lockdown might not go over as easily in flyover country as it did the first time.
    Wanna bet?
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

SGG (08-03-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Wanna bet?
    Neither outcome is good, but I do think it is going to be very geographic in regards to compliance.

In Liberal/Leftists holes, there will be more compliance. In states like CA, WA, OR . . . . expect sheep like compliance. In the flyover states, it might not be something the politicians want to push. Though that could change if the feds manage two things:

1. Pass a federal level 'Vaccine Passport,' legislation. Even if struck down by SCOTUS later, the initial matters.
    2. Pass, in key states, election laws/regulations to make mail in and early voting easier.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (08-02-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,353 Times in 14,819 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brown University professor Dr. Megan Ranney, a practicing physician, said the quiet part out loud over the weekend: We are never returning to pre-pandemic life.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/brown-...e%20Daily%20PM
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Even Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles saw this shit coming...
    What the heck?? No Ronnie Milsap?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

Slippy (08-03-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,828 Posts
    The sheeple will take it up the ass. No doubt about it. Even the “conservative” will follow rule of law and bend over. Isolated resistance but the exception and not the rule. Surveys have even noted that Americans will take further mandates with regard to masks.

Americans have proven to be controllable.

I would seriously doubt, and be shocked, to see something like the protests in France and Germany happen in America.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"

Who is John Galt?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Piratesailor For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (08-03-2021),MountainGirl (08-03-2021),Slippy (08-03-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    See where this is headed ?

At this point, a lot of people are frustrated, scared, and tired of dealing with a pandemic that's been raging since early 2020. But what's alarming is the fact that some cities are already imposing restrictions to combat the spread of the new Delta variant. And if more follow suit, things on the economic front could take a serious turn for the worse. But could things get so bad that it makes the case for a fourth stimulus check?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...edgdhp&pc=U531

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (08-03-2021),Piratesailor (08-03-2021),Slippy (08-03-2021)

Hairy beast AKA Sasquatch KnuteFartne's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,351 Times in 1,971 Posts
    I believe this coincides with the recall of Newsom in CA. The recall election is Sept.14 and we cant have CA fall to a Republican Governor. Especially one like Larry Elder. Itll all be mail in votes so the Dems can change the outcome in their favor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KnuteFartne For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (08-03-2021),Michael_Js (08-03-2021),MountainGirl (08-03-2021),Piratesailor (08-03-2021),stevekozak (08-03-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Local school millage vote today. I don't pay school tax.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,446 Times in 1,828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    See where this is headed ?

At this point, a lot of people are frustrated, scared, and tired of dealing with a pandemic that's been raging since early 2020. But what's alarming is the fact that some cities are already imposing restrictions to combat the spread of the new Delta variant. And if more follow suit, things on the economic front could take a serious turn for the worse. But could things get so bad that it makes the case for a fourth stimulus check?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...edgdhp&pc=U531
    I think you’re probably right on a few things but also wrong on one or two. Stimulus checks and lockdowns and the economy taking a turn for the worse - you’re right on all counts. I wouldn’t doubt SAS’s assumption about the recall in CA.

Where I think you may be wrong is the opinion that many people are frustrated. We, me included, tend to read and subscribe and listen to conservative news outlets, conservative blogs, etc. and they show that we (many) are frustrated and will not comply.

However, there is a very very large portion of the population, including “conservatives “ and independents that listen to MSM and/or listen to the CDC and follow the rule of law and aren’t frustrated. Inconvenienced yes.

For this I site a number of example of family and friends and neighbors. Many are are trump supporters but got the jab. When the states or whomever tell them to mask up, they will do so. Grumble but that’s about it. No boycotts over the likes of Amazon or establishments requiring masks. They still watch the NBA and NFL and the Olympics.

All the so called liberals and self declared independents I know are fine with more restrictions. They believe everything on CNN and ABC, etc. and hang on every word from the CDC “for the health of the nation”.

I guess what I’m saying is that there is a huge percent of the population that is all in for what ever the government says. Surveys have shown this too.

Unfortunately, by the time people wake up to reality it will be too late, if it isn’t too late already.

And even the great state of Texas will cave.. just watch.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"

Who is John Galt?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Piratesailor For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (08-03-2021),Innkeeper (08-04-2021),Michael_Js (08-03-2021),MountainGirl (08-03-2021),Slippy (08-03-2021),stevekozak (08-03-2021),T-Man 1066 (08-03-2021)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast