Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Credit Scores / Banks / MegaStores

Smooth conversationalist

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I got no social media, I got no social credibility, I'm all counter culture (polluting the earth with children since 2005), and I got no jab. I jay walk and I own a gun and, shit I'm on this forum.

Social score: 0.

No ones coming to save our asses now. I was done waiting for that a looong time ago.

Nothing even makes me blink an eye anymore.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Any Beastie For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-30-2021),juskom95 (08-30-2021),MountainGirl (08-31-2021),Prepared One (08-31-2021),shootbrownelk (08-30-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,402 Times in 5,945 Posts
    This may be the most opportune time for Biden/Harris to reinstall Obama's "Operation Choke point" No credit to gun related companies and no charges on cards for guns or gun related items. Devious bastards that they are.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    . . . no charges on cards for guns or gun related items. Devious bastards that they are.
    That isn't as easy as it sounds, never has been.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (08-31-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,729 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Just look at how much gun stuff is bought with PayPal.

Joe

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to red442joe For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (08-31-2021),juskom95 (08-31-2021),shootbrownelk (08-31-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    That isn't as easy as it sounds, never has been.
    For everyone worried about this, know that your receipt isn't sent to the credit processing company, never has been.

The best they do is categorize a business and make assumptions. So, if you buy something at a Flying J, that is categorized as 'fuel,' even if you purchased a coffee.

Businesses and companies don't want to track this, and it is for a very easy reason: badnwidth & cost. Not everyone knows this, but processing credit cards requires certain security features (PCI compliance) which standard broadband does not contain. So it means more security. Also, with the new chip readers, they require more bandwidth; some areas can barely handle the current chip load. So adding receipt information to that adds bandwidth to the system, and is an additional metric which no one is designed to support.

Even assuming every register is electronic and tied directly to the credit card system (not all of them are) it would mean trying to coordinate databases that could be decades in technology apart.

Now I type the above just to add a little bit of salt into this discussion. Don't freak out yet, as doing what the Left wants to do with credit cards/scores is not as easy as they make it appear or believe it to be.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-31-2021),Innkeeper (08-31-2021),Inor (08-31-2021),MountainGirl (08-31-2021),shootbrownelk (08-31-2021),SOCOM42 (08-31-2021)

So, you are saying if I use a credit card to buy ammunition at bass pro, it may not show up as ammunition, but rather as "sporting goods?"
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    So, you are saying if I use a credit card to buy ammunition at bass pro, it may not show up as ammunition, but rather as "sporting goods?"
    That is exactly how it works. It will be sent to the bank as the charging entity; now Bass Pro may have a separate entity for its firearms/ammunition department.

Now, for fraud, there may be a deeper investigation.

If you're ever curious call your bank fraud department and see if they can get the past few charges for you; they will just read off the amounts, times and companies who charged you.

COFFEE!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Coastie dad (08-31-2021),Innkeeper (08-31-2021),MountainGirl (08-31-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12