Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard cider anyone?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Actually did drink frozen beer more than once. That left a big snow cone in the bottle. I got enthused to go ice fishing one time but never could find any ice around here except the thin stuff on the highway that makes yups and pilled up truck drivers have wrecks.
    Friends with a Salmon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icefishingfun.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	16928

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Actually did drink frozen beer more than once. That left a big snow cone in the bottle. I got enthused to go ice fishing one time but never could find any ice around here except the thin stuff on the highway that makes yups and pilled up truck drivers have wrecks.
    My friends who grew up here, when they were in TX, got a hoot out of wacthing the natives drive if there was ice or Lord forbid snow.

Whole nation is is sissified. When I grew up 6" of snow over night and school stiil on, now 3' is a snow emergency......

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    My friends who grew up here, when they were in TX, got a hoot out of wacthing the natives drive if there was ice or Lord forbid snow.

Whole nation is is sissified. When I grew up 6" of snow over night and school stiil on, now 3' is a snow emergency......
    When I was stationed at Ft Hood we got snow twice before Feb, it was funny watching the natives drive. Our C.O. would always adjust the CQ schedule if snow was called for, I was actually on duty for both.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

Mad Trapper (09-18-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    When I was stationed at Ft Hood we got snow twice before Feb, it was funny watching the natives drive. Our C.O. would always adjust the CQ schedule if snow was called for, I was actually on duty for both.

I wish I had pictures here when I was a kid. If I remember the late 60s early 70s had the most snow. Road signs were buried so you couldn't read from the plowed snow, snowshoes mandatory, snow forts/caves big enough to hold a 1/2 dozen or more, ..........other than main roads had just two clear tracks of snowless on each side for weeks.....

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Yeah I remember much deeper and longer snowfalls from being a kid in the 70's even back in the 90's here in N. MI....things aren't as bad now. Unless you don't remember worse then you think it is terrible...

"Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,401 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Bump - just to get them all up top.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12