Thread: Farmer sues John Deere for ‘right to repair’ after expensive fix at dealership

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Just what in the hell does a tractor need an F'KN engine computer for???

They have operated without one for over a 100 years with an internal combustion engine.

Go back to mechanical injectors on the diesels and mechanical distributors

and mechanical fuel pumps on gas ones.

Hell I worked on ones that had gravity feed for the fuel.

I have even installed outrigger fuel tanks and electric pumps on old ones with rusted out gravity fuel tanks.

There is no need for that fancy shit, only creates headaches for the owners.

They save a few bucks on fuel consumption but you loose all that and more when they go down.

I have worked on many gas fueled tractors in the past, they were a snap to fix,

just needed a little common sense, no analyzer needed.

That "right to repair" law was passed here, but the F'KN manufactures are trying to get it overturned.

The people spoke overwhelmingly in a vote to stop the blockage of repair software info.

I guess that "we the people" don't amount to shit when money talks.

Not a big deal, but I had to buy an engine analyzer to maintain my Jeeps, just needed it.
    I would have to dig, but I bet they have had an ECU of one sort or another for a long time. I remember this coming out a few years ago, with a proprietary technology being used in the newer farm equipment.

It was different from the ODB2 systems in cars, but it was something proprietary that only the company could license.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (01-24-2022),shootbrownelk (05-03-2022)