Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solar tie-in question -

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    Middle of a hurricane is a real good time to get on your cell phone . . . call a realtor . . . find another place to live . . . where they don't have them things.

I rode out a 4 day typhoon . . . (that's what they call em in the far east . . . instead of hurricanes) . . . on a 50 ft wide steel hulled Navy destroyer . . .

All can have them storms that want em . . . I would only live where they could happen . . . if I had an alternate safe space to go to when one comes in.

AND . . . had time to grab my stuff before it hit my place. I probably got too much stuff to put up with them things.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Pussy.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

Prepared One (02-16-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts
    Small world, they walked me thru some stuff a number of years ago and were extremely knowledgeable!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    LOLOL!!
    These folks are just north of Sandpoint ID - and who I bought all the components from for both systems on Peaceful Mountain! They are awesome folks and spent a lot of time answering my questions! Soon as I figure out which way I wanna go - I'll be contacting them to see if they ship to Texas.
    If not - a road trip for us might be in order, lol.

Update: I called, they do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (02-15-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Thanks, they are expensive for sure. 64 cells @ 275AH each you say? Yeah, that would be a good sized system, lol.
    Do you recall the manufacturer? What system voltage did he configure? 96? 192?
    They make charge controllers specifically for the lithium-iron; maybe one of those would have helped.
    They set up a 48V system. I am not sure the brand of the batteries. (Wang's Pretty Good Batteries maybe?) They bought them from Alibaba and the batteries took several months to get here. When I was out on Alibaba looking around, it seemed to me like every brand looked like exactly the same thing with exactly the same specs. I am guessing somewhere in China is a huge factory where they make all the batteries for every brand?

I only got involved in the effort because they wanted me to bring my tractor by and dig the trenches from the solar panels to the shack where all the electronics are and to dig a couple trenches for some LONG AC runs to outside outlets on the far side of their homestead. But, I did get to inject myself in the whole process so I learned a bunch about setting the whole system up.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (02-16-2022),Prepared One (02-16-2022),Slippy (02-16-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,848 Times in 6,976 Posts
    What attachment did you use to dig the trenches?

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    They set up a 48V system. I am not sure the brand of the batteries. (Wang's Pretty Good Batteries maybe?) They bought them from Alibaba and the batteries took several months to get here. When I was out on Alibaba looking around, it seemed to me like every brand looked like exactly the same thing with exactly the same specs. I am guessing somewhere in China is a huge factory where they make all the batteries for every brand?

I only got involved in the effort because they wanted me to bring my tractor by and dig the trenches from the solar panels to the shack where all the electronics are and to dig a couple trenches for some LONG AC runs to outside outlets on the far side of their homestead. But, I did get to inject myself in the whole process so I learned a bunch about setting the whole system up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Inor (02-16-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    What attachment did you use to dig the trenches?
    Just the bucket. We only went down 3 feet, so on one side I just carved it out to be able to get the front wheels down about an extra foot.
    Last edited by Inor; 02-16-2022 at 08:13 AM.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Slippy (02-16-2022)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123