Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Garden 2022 Whats ur plans?

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 250 Posts
    Thanks for that info. I’ve already removed them. I replanted with ‘royal burgundy’ which is disease resistant according to your articles. I’ve planted royal burgundy before with good success. Hopefully that solves my problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefster23 For This Useful Post:

Mad Trapper (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,122 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Thanks for that info. I’ve already removed them. I replanted with ‘royal burgundy’ which is disease resistant according to your articles. I’ve planted royal burgundy before with good success. Hopefully that solves my problem.
    I've been doing blue lake bush beans but am moving to mostly pole beans. Damm animals like eating the beans and I can fence off the pole beans easier. I do kentucky wonder, scarlet runner, and blue lake pole. The scarlet runners are real big and make good dried beans if you leave them in until frost.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,485 Times in 1,366 Posts
    Well, the wife decided she wanted all organic including the soil. So she went to a place and bought 25 yards of ‘organic” crap. Turns out it’s bad soil and I’ve been axing to amend it with copious amounts of compost. Since we have horses and chickens we have a lot of good, aged, compost. And to add to that issue, we are in a serious drought. Our 9’ deep pond is down 4’. Some in the area have gone dry. So I water daily in the morning. Thankfully we have two wells. However, due to the soil and drought, the garden isn’t doing too well.

We don’t have any critters getting into the garden but to add insult to injury, wife left a gate open and 4 horse enjoyed the garden. And left a few deposits.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"

Who is John Galt?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Piratesailor For This Useful Post:

Slippy (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Well, the wife decided she wanted all organic including the soil. So she went to a place and bought 25 yards of ‘organic” crap. Turns out it’s bad soil and I’ve been axing to amend it with copious amounts of compost. Since we have horses and chickens we have a lot of good, aged, compost. And to add to that issue, we are in a serious drought. Our 9’ deep pond is down 4’. Some in the area have gone dry. So I water daily in the morning. Thankfully we have two wells. However, due to the soil and drought, the garden isn’t doing too well.

We don’t have any critters getting into the garden but to add insult to injury, wife left a gate open and 4 horse enjoyed the garden. And left a few deposits.
    Keep that horse and bird poop. Better than anything they sell you. Mix the bird poop with bedding/compost . Get a lumber cover and cover the pile, prevents nitrogen loss, water it well before covering. A few weeks you'll have black gold.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Trapper For This Useful Post:

Slippy (06-20-2022)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I've been doing blue lake bush beans but am moving to mostly pole beans. Damm animals like eating the beans and I can fence off the pole beans easier. I do kentucky wonder, scarlet runner, and blue lake pole. The scarlet runners are real big and make good dried beans if you leave them in until frost.
    Funny! I’m doing just the opposite. I’ve been growing mostly blue lake pole beans and switched to bush beans this year. Just trying something different to change it up a bit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefster23 For This Useful Post:

Mad Trapper (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    God bless you both !
    Leaf blight sucks.

About Blue Lakes. Those damn plants will work your ass to death!
    They never stop producing until a frost. Nothing kills them and they are prolific as hell.

We plant pink eye purple hull peas, Kentucky wonders, Henderson limas, and Dixie white butter peas
    The butter peas and limas are my favorites.

BoF

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (06-20-2022),Mad Trapper (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 16,703 Times in 5,017 Posts
    Hope our Son#1 and DIL are watering the garden while we spend money on gas driving around the country...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (06-20-2022),Inor (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 28,533 Times in 9,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Hope our Son#1 and DIL are watering the garden while we spend money on gas driving around the country...
    This is the "good" DIL right? Sorry, I'm sure the other one is "good" too.

But you do not want "the Karen" to rub off on the food you are going to eat and stuff... If you let that happen, next thing you know you will start planting soy and arugula and start watching Dancing. With the Stars. And that's just no good!

Your friend

-I-
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Slippy (06-20-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Son #1 is drinking all Slippy beer and "watering" the garden, when needed. Stay away from lettuce for a while......

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad Trapper For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (06-21-2022),Michael_Js (06-20-2022),MountainGirl (06-21-2022),Slippy (06-21-2022)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789