Thread: 2014 garden

Threaded View

Experimental User
    Thanks

2014 garden

My wife and I have been since we have been married (I think this will be our 10th year) I grew up helping both set of grandparent's to some extent.

At our current location we have 3, 8x8 beds 2 , 4x4 beds and a 24x4 for 2 rows. We also have apple, peach, plum, pear and pecan trees. I dont consider the 8x8s raised beds they start as lined beds. That after a couple years worth of amendment, they fill.

I am a landscaper, and have access to lots of organic material. I know what yards in the maintenance division, get treated and with what chemical. You don't want to use clippings for your beds that have been sprayed recently with somthing like pre emergent. Not that I don't use chemicals, I use insecticide as needed. I dont however use much chemical fertilizers. Building the soil the way I do, has worked out well.

Tonight I started my second round of romaine, iceberg, and spinach. The first round was started on the 3rd. I just use the jiffy expanding mini pots for these. I do however cut the net off before planting. I still find them from three years ago.

I will put some pictures up when things get interesting. Depending on weather I can post up pictures of the strawberry beds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dgmj10 For This Useful Post:

BugMan (02-19-2014)