Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,259 Times in 5,904 Posts
    That's a sweet knife Inor, enjoy it.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    You and the Tourist can meet at the Mall!
    Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you?
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (08-08-2022),Prepared One (08-08-2022),StratBastard (08-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Ah..right! Great use for those points!

On a side note - I found my brand of smokes online for about a third of the price, thought Alright!!... went through the signup to order, got to the payment page and only bitcoin was accepted. Was like WTF?? Thought of you, and backed out slowly.

(Hope your cyber money is doing okay!)
    I should do an update on that thread in the next few days because that one has been a really fun trip. I think it is going to work out well, but the jury is still out to know for sure.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Ah..right! Great use for those points!

On a side note - I found my brand of smokes online for about a third of the price, thought Alright!!... went through the signup to order, got to the payment page and only bitcoin was accepted. Was like WTF?? Thought of you, and backed out slowly.

(Hope your cyber money is doing okay!)
    Smoking (one of my many favorite bad habits) has become insanely expensive due to taxes here... my American Spirits are approaching $12 a pack, or $108 a carton. Yegods!!! They were .27 cents when I first started as an incorrigible young boy. I try and make a pack last two days, but still... when your tobacco costs exceed your bourbon costs, something is wrong in the world.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-09-2022),Inor (08-09-2022),MountainGirl (08-09-2022),Prepared One (08-09-2022),SOCOM42 (08-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,330 Times in 5,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Smoking (one of my many favorite bad habits) has become insanely expensive due to taxes here... my American Spirits are approaching $12 a pack, or $108 a carton. Yegods!!! They were .27 cents when I first started as an incorrigible young boy. I try and make a pack last two days, but still... when your tobacco costs exceed your bourbon costs, something is wrong in the world.
    Yeah, no kidding. American Spirits are $11.08/pack here, and because they burn so slow - I smoke them half at a time (sand ashtrays work best), so that's like $$5.54 a pack... same as the cheapies! Plus, with it being only tobacco (no additives) to me it's worth it. I think a pack lasts me three days? I don't really pay attention to it. Then again, we don't pay attention to our bourbon costs either. LOLOL

p.s... Lemme know if you want that link to buying them online with bitcoin. They were $29/carton.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 08-09-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

StratBastard (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Rolling my own for the last 15 years still cheap.
    Gambler or Kentucky select just like a Marlboro.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-09-2022),MountainGirl (08-09-2022),StratBastard (08-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 46,363 Times in 13,211 Posts
    Yeah, no kidding. American Spirits are $11.08/pack here, and because they burn so slow - I smoke them half at a time (sand ashtrays work best), so that's like $$5.54 a pack... same as the cheapies! Plus, with it being only tobacco (no additives) to me it's worth it. I think a pack lasts me three days? I don't really pay attention to it. Then again, we don't pay attention to our bourbon costs either. LOLOL

p.s... Lemme know if you want that link to buying them online with bitcoin. They were $29/carton.
    Yep, I keep my smoking down with a sand ashtray too... half now, half later. And I never put them in my pocket, so when I leave the house and drive somewhere I don't smoke. Just when at home.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (08-09-2022)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    My new MicroTech came today.

For a size comparison, the blade is a little shorter than my Benchmade Osborn but the overall length is about 1/2 inch longer. It is also a little heavier than the Benchmade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220813_185316.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	19624

I like the shape of the blade a lot. It is a thin blade and ground to much more shallow angle than my Benchmade, Case or Bucks. The only way I can think to describe it is to say the angle is more like a classic Jack Knife (think something like a Victorinox or an old Boy Scout Knife). It slices EXTREMELY well.

Slicing was my biggest complaint with the Benchmade. It took an insane amount of work to get the angle of the cutting edge shallow enough to slice well and even then, the blade steel is thick enough that it will never be a good precision cutter. That said, the Benchmade will still be my goto knife when I just out banging around in the desert. It is exceptionally good for a small pocket knife at hacking through brush.

I think the MicroTech will work really well for castrating bulls and probably cleaning chickens or anywhere I need to be able to cut very precisely.

The only negative so far is the action is really stiff. That seems to be a common complaint when they are new and the reviews say it will loosen up with time.

All in all, it is an extremely well made knife and feels really solid. The blade has hardly any "lateral wiggle" even though it is an OTF. I am pretty dang happy with it!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (08-14-2022),MountainGirl (08-14-2022),Slippy (08-14-2022),SOCOM42 (08-14-2022),StratBastard (08-14-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12