Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: AIR FRYERS...BEEF/CHICKEN/FISH/PORK/LAMB...Reviews, Recipe Suggestions or Criticism?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,174 Times in 10,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Attachment 28696

Yes, the Ninja above is still going strong. Bought a smaller one for the camper. When home, I use it every day.

Redmond salt is our go to salt. I think it has some of the minerals but regardless I like it.

Keto Flu is real. Water, water water and more water with salt helped me get thru it. Now, I don't even think about it. Cramps too.

Ain't gonna lie, it's hard to be 100% Carnivore.

Had 16 oz of Kobi beef burgers to break my 16 hour fast this am.

I had to travel tonight for a meeting tomorrow and ate fajitas at a Mexican restaurant for evening meal. Cheated with some chips, onions and peppers. 3 tequilas and I'm good to go.

Good luck and the results will be tremendous! My results have been a leaner face, torso, arms and mid-section. Virtually no inflammation unless I cheat.
    Mrs Inor has had that same R2 Unit for about a year now. It is AWESOME! She made some BBQ chicken in it last week that was good enough to make you do crime!

I was thinking about getting one of those Sous Vivaldy things (not sure if that is the actual name). It is basically an electric stick that you put into a pot of water. The meat and spices goes into vac sealed bag then into the water. The electric stick holds the water at the exact temperature you want the meat cooked to. They supposedly take a while to cook, but it is supposedly really good. You do have to finish the meat on the grill or in a fry pan to get the outside crusty. I was wondering if any of you have tried one and if they work as well as the interwebs say?
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Slippy (03-25-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,155 Times in 7,061 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Mrs Inor has had that same R2 Unit for about a year now. It is AWESOME! She made some BBQ chicken in it last week that was good enough to make you do crime!

I was thinking about getting one of those Sous Vivaldy things (not sure if that is the actual name). It is basically an electric stick that you put into a pot of water. The meat and spices goes into vac sealed bag then into the water. The electric stick holds the water at the exact temperature you want the meat cooked to. They supposedly take a while to cook, but it is supposedly really good. You do have to finish the meat on the grill or in a fry pan to get the outside crusty. I was wondering if any of you have tried one and if they work as well as the interwebs say?
    Inor,

I've tried Reverse Sear and Sous Vide method of steak cooking and I'm not a fan. Something about boiling meat in a plastic bag in water doesn't do it for me.

My go to is to get the steak to room temp (plus or minus an hour or so out of the fridge) then either sear in iron skillet on stove or on grill.

But most days I use the Air Fryer.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Inor (03-25-2024),Michael_Js (03-25-2024),MountainGirl (03-25-2024),stevekozak (03-25-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,354 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Inor,

I've tried Reverse Sear and Sous Vide method of steak cooking and I'm not a fan. Something about boiling meat in a plastic bag in water doesn't do it for me.

My go to is to get the steak to room temp (plus or minus an hour or so out of the fridge) then either sear in iron skillet on stove or on grill.

But most days I use the Air Fryer.
    Yeah, I agree. I kind of think that sous vide thing is gay or something. Who the hell boils meat and then fries it? It seems like transgendered steaks or something.
    War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stevekozak For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (03-28-2024),hawgrider (03-25-2024),Inor (03-25-2024),Slippy (03-25-2024)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789