Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR FRYERS...BEEF/CHICKEN/FISH/PORK/LAMB...Reviews, Recipe Suggestions or Criticism?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 50,121 Times in 14,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I do not claim to be smart enough to know or understand God's will. But it does seem to me that His rules on dietary intake are pretty loosey-goosey and subject to change. First He told the Jooooos not to eat pork, then He said it was okay. Then He told them not to put cheese on their sammiches, then said that was okay too. I'm pretty sure He would be A-OK with my smoked pork ribs since He is the one that created the pig and the trees to make the smoke that makes the ribs taste so freakin' awesome. As long as Mrs Inor and I remain grateful for the awesomeness of smoked pork anything, I'm betting my soul on God being okay with it.
    Well, cover your bases and bring a nice rack of smoked ribs to the pearly gates with you. I'm sure God has a nice picnic table, and you guys can discuss it over a plate of smoked ribs.

Just don't bring any Bud Light.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (05-16-2023),Inor (05-15-2023),Michael_Js (05-15-2023),MountainGirl (05-16-2023),Prepared One (05-16-2023),Slippy (05-16-2023),stevekozak (02-14-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 50,121 Times in 14,221 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	346862558_934225534471004_7573558319136467899_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	22749
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (05-16-2023),Michael_Js (05-16-2023),MountainGirl (05-16-2023),Prepared One (05-16-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,626 Times in 7,174 Posts
    I'm trying some Hero Bread! Appreciate the suggestion, this will help on the days that a sandwich would hit the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by StratBastard View Post
    Dwight, have you tried Hero bread? It's a hardcore keto bread with one net carb per slice. I order it online, and can make and eat sandwiches again. Have a bread, bacon, sausage and/or cheese sammie for breakfast... almost as good as a biscuit. They make one net carb tortillas too, just as good for breakfast burritos. And croissants. Sausage, egg, and cheese croissant! It's a little expensive, but lets a lot of menu items back on the plate.

https://www.hero.co/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (05-16-2023),Prepared One (05-16-2023),StratBastard (05-16-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,489 Times in 5,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm trying some Hero Bread! Appreciate the suggestion, this will help on the days that a sandwich would hit the spot!
    Unless ya have Celiac's and need to avoid ALL gluten - there is another option for ya - Rye flour.
    Wheat flour has like .8/100g and rye is like .3/100g. Rye is on my list, wheat is verboten.
    Sometimes I make my own bread, cause the store-bought "Rye" breads are made with mostly wheat etc flour, with a little bit of rye flour in it. Mostly, though, I like FinnCrisp crackers that contain only rye flour, salt, water. They're great with stuff (salmon, cream cheese, egg salad) piled on for snacks! We've got several cases stocked up.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (05-16-2023),Slippy (05-16-2023),StratBastard (05-16-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Air Fryer Update!

Its been a little over 1 month and we have used the Ninja Air Fryer nearly every day that we have been home. I didn't really embark on this journey to lose weight but after focusing on high protein, high fat and low carb I have dropped 17 lbs. Not really trying and I haven't added any exercise except normal chores.

We like the Ninja Air Fryer so much we just ordered a Ninja Air Fryer Mini for the RV and when I travel on business.

I'll post my normal daily diet regiment later. So far so good.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (05-21-2023),MountainGirl (11-06-2023),Prepared One (07-23-2023),StratBastard (05-22-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Air Fryer Update!

Its been a little over 1 month and we have used the Ninja Air Fryer nearly every day that we have been home. I didn't really embark on this journey to lose weight but after focusing on high protein, high fat and low carb I have dropped 17 lbs. Not really trying and I haven't added any exercise except normal chores.

We like the Ninja Air Fryer so much we just ordered a Ninja Air Fryer Mini for the RV and when I travel on business.

I'll post my normal daily diet regiment later. So far so good.
    Great job Slippy !!!!
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Slippy (05-21-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Great job Slippy !!!!
    Appreciate it MG! Again, weight loss is great but inflammation was the main reason and so far so good on the inflammation.

Most days I start off with a few cups of black coffee, with a pinch of mineral salt, a drop of zero calorie, zero carb liquid stevia and some coconut oil. I've settled into the following routine;

Mid morning to noon; Kobe Beef Burgers 8-16 oz oz OR One 8-12oz steak (ribeye or NY Strip)

2 pm or so; 1 can of sardines topped off with homemade avocado mayo and sugar free pickle relish.

4-6 pm; Another 8-12 oz steak (ribeye, ny strip or flank steak for dinner. for some reason flank steak in mid morning is too tough.)

A handful of almonds or a cucumber with vinegar or a few slices of cheese

I'm drinking about 10 RTIC Cooler Tumblers of water per day, either with lime juice, lemon juice or a teaspoon of flavored electrolyte powder. I also allow myself 1 sugar free Ginger Ale a day. Helps settle any stomach issues.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (05-22-2023),Prepared One (07-23-2023),T-Man 1066 (05-21-2023)

Appreciate it MG! Again, weight loss is great but inflammation was the main reason and so far so good on the inflammation.

Most days I start off with a few cups of black coffee, with a pinch of mineral salt, a drop of zero calorie, zero carb liquid stevia and some coconut oil. I've settled into the following routine;

Mid morning to noon; Kobe Beef Burgers 8-16 oz oz OR One 8-12oz steak (ribeye or NY Strip)

2 pm or so; 1 can of sardines topped off with homemade avocado mayo and sugar free pickle relish.

4-6 pm; Another 8-12 oz steak (ribeye, ny strip or flank steak for dinner. for some reason flank steak in mid morning is too tough.)

A handful of almonds or a cucumber with vinegar or a few slices of cheese

I'm drinking about 10 RTIC Cooler Tumblers of water per day, either with lime juice, lemon juice or a teaspoon of flavored electrolyte powder. I also allow myself 1 sugar free Ginger Ale a day. Helps settle any stomach issues.
    Glad to hear it. My diet, maybe not so good.
    Breakfast, pot of black coffee. Breakfast hashbrown casserole, eggs, onions, peppers, hot spicy sausage, sharp cheedar.
    Lunch, braunschwager and cheese on crackers, hot mustard. copious amounts of really cheap beer.
    Dinner. Dinty Moore beef stew, still more beer, a nip or 3 vodka.
    Politicians can kiss my ass!!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T-Man 1066 For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (05-22-2023),Prepared One (07-23-2023),Slippy (05-22-2023),stevekozak (02-14-2024)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    3 months since we bought the Ninja Air Fryer and Mrs Slippy and I have used it dang near every day we've been home. Our diet has morphed into a Carnivore diet but Mrs Slippy still indulges in grits with her bacon in the morning.

She has lost 13 lbs and is at her low adult weight. Too low in my opinion.

Mrs Slippy is one of those people who has been able to maintain a very consistent weight over the years, (if you don't include her 2 pregnancies) She was a strong runner and spent many an hour on the stair master later in life after her running days ended. Type 1 diabetes made her athletic accomplishments that much more amazing.

I've fluctuated big time over my adult life, early on due to my sports back ground and heavy weight lifting. Later in life, due to work travel, eating out and drinking, especially beer, which I have stopped.
    I also stopped drinking Bourbon and only drink Tequila now. It seems to work for me. (As I pause to take a sip!)

After 3 months eating primarily beef, tuna and sardines, I'm down 26 lbs and wearing pants 2 sizes smaller in the waist.

I need a major ankle/foot surgery where my Orthopedic will do an ankle replacement and fuse the bones in my left foot. Recovery is at least 6 weeks with ZERO weight on the surgically repaired foot...so I'd like to lose another 25-30 lbs before going in to the surgery.

Wish me luck and if all goes as planned I can schedule this surgery for December 2023.

Cheers you knuckleheads!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-23-2023),Inor (07-23-2023),Michael_Js (07-23-2023),MountainGirl (07-23-2023),Prepared One (07-23-2023),SOCOM42 (07-23-2023),stevekozak (02-14-2024),StratBastard (07-23-2023),T-Man 1066 (07-23-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    3 months since we bought the Ninja Air Fryer and Mrs Slippy and I have used it dang near every day we've been home. Our diet has morphed into a Carnivore diet but Mrs Slippy still indulges in grits with her bacon in the morning.

She has lost 13 lbs and is at her low adult weight. Too low in my opinion.

Mrs Slippy is one of those people who has been able to maintain a very consistent weight over the years, (if you don't include her 2 pregnancies) She was a strong runner and spent many an hour on the stair master later in life after her running days ended. Type 1 diabetes made her athletic accomplishments that much more amazing.

I've fluctuated big time over my adult life, early on due to my sports back ground and heavy weight lifting. Later in life, due to work travel, eating out and drinking, especially beer, which I have stopped.
    I also stopped drinking Bourbon and only drink Tequila now. It seems to work for me. (As I pause to take a sip!)

After 3 months eating primarily beef, tuna and sardines, I'm down 26 lbs and wearing pants 2 sizes smaller in the waist.

I need a major ankle/foot surgery where my Orthopedic will do an ankle replacement and fuse the bones in my left foot. Recovery is at least 6 weeks with ZERO weight on the surgically repaired foot...so I'd like to lose another 25-30 lbs before going in to the surgery.

Wish me luck and if all goes as planned I can schedule this surgery for December 2023.

Cheers you knuckleheads!
    Wow! Kudos to Mrs Slippy - and TO YOU !!

Wouldn't hurt for me and PO to drop a stone or two... and a more protein centered diet sounds do-able. Did you pretty much just stop with flour-based carbs? We're not big vegi folks, other than potatoes & corn.

For sure good luck with what's ahead - and I'm bettin your weight will be down where you want/need it to be by then - but Dayum, that is some major surgery.

So what happened to your foot/ankle? Did Mrs Slippy finally stomp on it for all kinds of good reasons??

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-23-2023),Inor (07-23-2023),Michael_Js (07-23-2023),Prepared One (07-23-2023),Ricekila (07-23-2023),Slippy (07-23-2023),SOCOM42 (07-23-2023),stevekozak (02-14-2024),StratBastard (07-23-2023)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast