Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sparkyprep calling Sparkyprep Hawg needs your vast electrical knowledge

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreAmmoOK View Post
    There are inline ones. Plug one end into the outlet and the other end into the RV cord, the ones I saw were kinda pricey. Looked like they were powered by the circuit.
    Yep. That's what I had in my head; didn't know if they existed.
    With those, each person could take theirs to deer camp with them each time so they dont get stolen.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,335 Times in 7,104 Posts
    Hawg,

Why not just run propane heaters? Granted Michigan winters are in a different league than the southern winters that I mostly "camp".

Running an electric ceramic heater has got to be way more costly than a propane Mr. Heater/Buddy Heater. Using the Buddy heaters as a supplement to the LP Furnace in the camper should do the job. What am I missing?

I've got the older version of Buddy Heater that runs on 1lb LP tanks and it does a bang-up job of heating our campers. Of course you will need to supplement the portable heater with the camper's furnace.

https://www.mrheater.com/portable-buddy-heater.html

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Funny side story;

Son2 installed a 30amp RV outlet at his house for when we visit. It is 100% the best way to visit a young couple with a small house, +2 kids and 3 dogs!

Anyway, the first time we hooked up to the 30amp I purposely ran the AC in the camper, turned on all the lights, opened the refrigerator door as well as opened the camper door.

Son2 immediately noticed it and asked me what the hell I was doing?

"Just doing to you what you did to me for years!" I replied!

I should throw a couple of baseballs thru his windows, tear up his lawn mower, knock out his side mirrors on his truck with a hockey puck, put holes in his drywall, leave his tools outside, break a few dishes, pull down his Christmas tree...I could go on and on...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (12-07-2023),Inor (12-07-2023),Michael_Js (12-07-2023),MountainGirl (12-07-2023),Prepared One (12-07-2023),T-Man 1066 (12-07-2023),TJC44 (12-08-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Funny side story;

Son2 installed a 30amp RV outlet at his house for when we visit. It is 100% the best way to visit a young couple with a small house, +2 kids and 3 dogs!

Anyway, the first time we hooked up to the 30amp I purposely ran the AC in the camper, turned on all the lights, opened the refrigerator door as well as opened the camper door.

Son2 immediately noticed it and asked me what the hell I was doing?

"Just doing to you what you did to me for years!" I replied!

I should throw a couple of baseballs thru his windows, tear up his lawn mower, knock out his side mirrors on his truck with a hockey puck, put holes in his drywall, leave his tools outside, break a few dishes, pull down his Christmas tree...I could go on and on...
    Sweet!! And I bet you wouldn't trade those memories for all the tequila in mehico.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Prepared One (12-07-2023),Slippy (12-07-2023)

Hawg,

Why not just run propane heaters? Granted Michigan winters are in a different league than the southern winters that I mostly "camp".

Running an electric ceramic heater has got to be way more costly than a propane Mr. Heater/Buddy Heater. Using the Buddy heaters as a supplement to the LP Furnace in the camper should do the job. What am I missing?

I've got the older version of Buddy Heater that runs on 1lb LP tanks and it does a bang-up job of heating our campers. Of course you will need to supplement the portable heater with the camper's furnace.

https://www.mrheater.com/portable-buddy-heater.html
    We run buddy heaters in the deer blinds. Buddy heater put off too much mositure for the campers to use for long periods.
    1lbs tank only run barely 4 hrs on my hunting buddy heater. We run those off 20lb tanks.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Slippy (12-07-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    We run buddy heaters in the deer blinds. Buddy heater put off too much mositure for the campers to use for long periods.
    1lbs tank only run barely 4 hrs on my hunting buddy heater. We run those off 20lb tanks.
    Makes sense. We are never in that cold of weather for that long to run the Buddy heater for too long. Usually to take the chill out and for a few minutes every couple of hours.

Makes sense. We are never in that cold of weather for that long to run the Buddy heater for too long. Usually to take the chill out and for a few minutes every couple of hours.
    Yeah with our cold ass weather it rains on the inside of the camper windows. Prolly works pretty good for you southerners
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Slippy (12-08-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,729 Times in 3,591 Posts
    Yeah with our cold ass weather it rains on the inside of the camper windows. Prolly works pretty good for you southerners
    That's cuz you warm it up too much & sweat & raise the humidity inside!
    Usually, winter has the air so dry you get nosebleeds.

This week was cold as space here. Single digits at night, had to get up at 3AM to feed the stove, then again at 6.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

Michael_Js (12-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    That's cuz you warm it up too much & sweat & raise the humidity inside!
    Usually, winter has the air so dry you get nosebleeds.

This week was cold as space here. Single digits at night, had to get up at 3AM to feed the stove, then again at 6.
    Single pane windows in the camper sweat like crazy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Slippy (12-08-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Single pane windows in the camper sweat like crazy.
    Ceiling vent/fan can help...but if its too cold probably not a good idea!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123