Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inside the 'Doomsday' Vault Past the Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Laufen View Post
    Excellent logic. Enjoy the rest of your existence.
    Don't go away mad just because you cant prove Noah's ark was not real.....

I had fun didn't you ?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Don't go away mad just because you cant prove Noah's ark was not real.....

I had fun didn't you ?
    I'm not mad.

So, how did those old kangaroos get to Oz?

I'm not mad.

So, how did those old kangaroos get to Oz?
    The same stork that delivers babies took them there.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Thanks
    The same stork that delivers babies took them there.
    Exactly.

I'll leave you to your myths.

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    In a truly logical arguement, one cannot disprove the existance of an artifact. It is up to the believer to prove that it did exist.

I personally believe the Bible but I am also aware of the lack of real evidence that there was a world-wide flood. There is no world-wide clay layer that would be the residue of a world wide flood. The clay layers that do exist do not have the same geological position from one location to another. There is one clay layer that can be dated to the time proposed by the Bible of the great flood but it is localized to the area between the Tigris and Euphrates river system and is only 100 miles wide and 500 miles long. That flood was recorded in Sumerian history as a great flood but not a "global" event. It is interesting that the tablets that show the record of the flood talk of a trader who, along with his family and trade goods (including some livestock), was traveling the river when the flood hit. He and his family survived and from the story they told they ended up on an island in what is now called the Persian Gulf.

This history was recorded in the city of Ur which is the same city that Abram was from - before his name was changed to Abraham. The first story of a world wide flood comes from the Babylonians who conquored Sumer and continued to use their written language. (Cuneiform) The Hebrew texts and the Babylonian flood story are nearly the exact same story with different names for the heros.

That doesn't change my faith but it does give me pause as to the literal translations of certain parts of the Bible. Like the parables that Jesus used to teach, I am sure the there are many parables throughout the Bible.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

Exactly.

I'll leave you to your myths.
    I sense that your pissed.... WTF So lets hear it your an atheist or agnostic apparently?

If you want me to be serious then personally I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

Id say I'll see you in hell but ....Im pretty sure I wont LOL!!!!
    Last edited by hawgrider; 03-18-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    In a truly logical arguement, one cannot disprove the existance of an artifact. It is up to the believer to prove that it did exist.

I personally believe the Bible but I am also aware of the lack of real evidence that there was a world-wide flood. There is no world-wide clay layer that would be the residue of a world wide flood. The clay layers that do exist do not hane the same geological position from one location to another. There is one clay layer that can be dated to the time proposed by the Bible of the great flood but it is localized to the area between the Tigris and Euphrates river system and is only 100 miles wide and 500 miles long. That flood was recorded in Sumerian history as a great flood but not a "global" event. It is interesting that the tablets that show the record of the flood talk of a trader who, along with his family and trade goods (including some livestock), was traveling the river when the flood hit. He and his family survived and from the story they told they ended up on an island in what is now called the Persian Gulf.

This history was recorded in the city of Ur which is the same city that Abram was from - before his name was changed to Abraham. The first story of a world wide flood comes from the Babylonians who conquored Sumer and continued to use their written language. (Cuneiform) The Hebrew texts and the Babylonian flood story are nearly the exact same story with different names for the heros.

That doesn't change my faith but it does give me pause as to the literal translations of certain parts of the Bible. Like the parables that Jesus used to teach, I am sure the there are many parables throughout the Bible.
    How have you decided which parts of the bible are literal and which are figurative?

Thanks
    I sense that you pissed.... WTF So lets hear it your an atheist or agnostic apparently?

If you want me to be serious then personally I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

Id say I'll see you in hell but ....Im pretty sure I wont LOL!!!!
    I'm not pissed at all...not at all. Why would I be angry?

I am an atheist.

I'm not pissed at all...not at all. Why would I be angry?

I am an atheist.
    Yeah I could tell but I just wanted to hear you say it. Well I had fun but gotta run for now. Thanks for the entertainment.

Thanks
    Yeah I could tell but I just wanted to hear you say it. Well I had fun but gotta run for now. Thanks for the entertainment.
    lol, ok. Glad you were entertained by the illumination of your lack of logic and reason. Bon Jour.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast